Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mandatory'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. Hi. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this one. On the 856 visa (perm ens) document checklist on the first page it says "do not undertake a health check unless requested to do so". But on the immi wesite in the health requirements section it says you need to do a medical for all permanent visas. Could anyone clarify if I take a medical in advance or not for the 856? Much appreciated. Doing a geographical
  2. Hello All, Very soon I'm gonna apply for ACS Skills Assessment. I've just seen in the application form of ACS under the qualifications section, the fields like : Business Address, Contact Numbers, Web Address, EMail Address, Campus Address, Campus Name. My query is, are all these details mandatory? caz, I can't provide the contact numbers as the Uni which I studied is a large Uni and I'm not sure whose contact details need to be provided. Under this Uni there are several hundreds of colleges, and I studied in one of the college. I can provide web address, email, campus address, campus name etc; Any help or suggestions/advice is highly appreciated. Thanks/Baazighar
  3. mildygirl

    Is Health Insurance Mandatory?

    Hi, wondering if anyone has the definitive answer to this - we have seen different opinions. I'm a Citizen, my husband is a PR. We have just lodged a subclass 804 visa (onshore aged parent.. non-contributory) for my 87 year old mother in law. We've just heard that the bridging visa has been granted. Fingers crossed that she passes the medical in 16 or so month's time, but she is pretty fit and well and very active. It's the health insurance question that is confusing us. I'm having trouble re-finding what I read on here a few weeks ago, sorry. She is from the UK, so there are reciprocal health agreements in place; are we correct in our understanding that private medical insurance is not absolutely mandatory, and that she would be covered by the reciprocal agreement? (Even if we/she had to pay out in the first instance and then claim it back from the UK?). She has to take her passport and bridging visa grant letter into Medicare and obtain a Medicare card? We asked our migration agent but she wasn't able to help. I'd be grateful for any advice on this, many thanks in advance!
  4. Friends, Am in a dilemma - need your thoughts. I have two options - 1. Resign immediately from my co. in India and apply for PR 2. Go to Oz on 457 shortly (my co. is about to send me) and then apply for PR Option 1 : (Hopefully) I will be able to get company letterhead reference letters because I will become an ex-employee. Option 2 : Will not get company letter head references. Will be able to get colleague references on plain paper. Plus my stat dec. Which is the better option ? Is company letter head mandatory for current employment reference - can I sail through without that ? I need the specific work experience points (3 years of last 4 years). I have 2 years reference on previous company letter head. But the last two years have been with the current company - can't ask them for the letter head reference. Anxious Joy
  5. Dear All, A very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010 to all the members. I have a query, may be this has been asked many times... But I dint find any recent threads on this topic.., so thought of posting a new one...:biggrin: WE have GSM 176 WA SS. My OH has got a job offer in Sydney and I am the "Prim" Applicant.Is it mandatory for us to live in Perth? Infact, we are makin a validation trip in mid of this month , we are landing in sydney and my OH has few Interviews lined up. Can he go ahead and take up this Job opp? Can we live in any other states? Do we have to inform the WA Immi authority with any of these chnages.. We are puzzled.. Can anyone hep us..:wacko: Cheers!! Ash