Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'learner'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 2 results

  1. torface

    Supervising learner drivers

    Hi all, I am in Aus (QLD) on a 457 visa so never bothered to get an Australian license as its just an extra expense. My partner just got his learners and I was wondering if I can supervise him on my UK license (it is full and current and I have had it for over 8 years). I have searched and searched the internet but have only found information which implies that it is ok (i.e. in the logbook it says 'the supervising driver confirms that they have a an open class c license. If the license was obtained outside QLD, it must be the equivalent' blah blah blah) Nowhere does it say whether the license has to be Australian. I tried calling the department of transport but theyre closed till monday and we would really like to get started this weekend... Can anyone help? Thanks
  2. Guest

    UK Learner driver

    Hi, I have held a UK provisional licence since 2009, been having lessons for a year and just failed my second driving test - drat! We arrive in Brisbane beg of June and am struggling to rebook a test in UK. Will I have to be a learner for 12 months before taking Australian test? If so how much of an issue will it be to not drive? I have two young children and will not be working. We will live in central Brisbane for first month then look to move out to suburbs although not sure where yet. Any advice would be much appreciated Thanks