Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'inlaw'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. I'm Canadian, my wife is Russian and my parents in-law are also Russian. They live with us in Canada, they have their Canadian pr and are on their way to Canadian citizenship The parents-inlaw are dependent on me for their survival. I was trying to figure out how the language requirements work. It says "How well does the dependent communicate in English?" Better than functional Functional Limited Not at all Is there some clarification outline some where on how you determine this ? Are there language tests needed for depend ants on 121/856 visas ? Does this question kick off some additional documents if you don't mark better than functional ? I haven't been able to find anything so far so your help is greatly appreciated!!!! Does them being married have any impact on us sponsoring them ? Is it better for them to be Canadian Citizens or Permanent residents and just pay the language training ? Alan
  2. Hi all, Could someone please tell me if I can sponsor my mother in law together with my wife cause my wife is the only child. Father in law past away 5 years ago and she is very dependand on my wife and me. I recently got my 176 visa granted but have not had it for two years though. I know to be able to sponsor someone we have to be in the country for at least 2 yrs. Do i have to be here for 2 yrs to do this? regards lee
  3. Hi All We got our 457 the other day, 3 weeks to the day, so we are packing up and heading out on the 4th Dec. My wife is thinking of her parents. Her parents are resident in the UK, one daughter is already an Australian citizen and the other daughter (my wife) will be Australia on a 457 from the 4th Dec. What is the best visa for my wifes parents, they are in good health but dont have loads of cash or a house to sell. They are 68 and 69 years of age. Thanks Rob