Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'improve'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 5 results

  1. I've noticed that there a quite a few newer queries from recent arrivals and those arriving soon surrounding exchange rates. It seems that a lot of people are reluctant to move money here and are waiting for exchange rates to improve. Could we be in for a long wait? What are we doing with our UK savings? Can we find good financial advice by someone competent in both tax systems? ]Is there a good ex Uk accountant here. I would be interested in hearing from people who are in a similar predicament .
  2. I have been to NSW TAFE website: https://www.tafensw.edu.au And checked out the courses listed there . But there are just overwhelming number of courses available and I am not sure which one should I choose. Basically I will need some thing that will prepare me for formal official environments and improve my Australian English. I have found one course speically interesting. It is "Skills for Work and Training". But I can understand the difference between the two links I am mentioning below. Because they appear exactly the same except one is Certificate II (NRT) and other is Statement of Attainment (NRT) https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?Command=GetCourse&CourseNo=9072 https://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/servlet/Course?Command=GetCourse&CourseNo=9069
  3. i have money in uk account i want to transfer to Oz,the rate at the moment is a complete joke ($2.18 to the UK Pound!) Is this going to improve and when...... PLEASE IMPROVE SOON AS I NEED MY HARD EARNED $$$$$:emoticon-signxmas:
  4. Guest

    improve oral English

    Dear friends, I am glad to meet everyone here. I come from China,and work in the Perth now,I want to find someone who can help me to improve my English.Who have interest can write to the emai as follows:sunxq110@hotmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.The communciation between different culture is exciting and funny.
  5. Our situation is, that we have the visa and after our buyer dropping out last year we're now stuck with a house we can't sell - I know we're not alone! Situation is, estate agent is recommending we drop price by £15k, already done £5k. I think we should try and see if it sells. OH however thinks we should wait even if it means a year or two to get the money. I'm finding it hard to swallow as I just want to go, I just don't want to be here, wondering if anyone has opinions about waiting it out and staying for a year or so, and validating this year - ie. the positives, if any??!?!?!? Trying to see it from OH view but struggling. Renting isn't an option as it won't pay our mortgage and realistically we couldn't drop the price any lower than we have done. :unsure: