Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'help and advice please!!'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. Desperateajan

    Migration Issues

    Hi everyone. I'm new to this so please bear with me, but I'm hoping someone may have words of advice. My husband was a £10 Pom back in 1967, stayed in Perth for 2 years but had to return to the U.K. due to bereavement. We met and married in 1974 and started the procedure to emigrate and we finally got our visa in 1979. We moved out to Perth in 1980 but had to return to the U.K. again due to bereavement. I don't want to bore anyone with the full story. We have been back to Perth on several occasions (my husband's family has lived there since 1965) for holidays but now that we are both retired, we would like to go back and live in Perth. However we cannot emigrate as retirees as we have to have at least $1 million. I have looked into the possibility of emigrating as "returning residents" but cannot understand the criteria for this. I have tried sending emails to the Government Migration Service in London and they keep referring me to their website. Has anybody had any experience, first of all returning as "returning residents" (we are both English) and if anyone knows how long you can be away from Australia before applying to return? The application forms ask for the reference numbers of our original visas, but these are in old passports and we don't know if we still have them. Sorry this is long-winded but if someone from the Australian Government tells me we can't apply as returning residents then I will accept this, but I hold out hope!!! Thank you.
  2. Hi all, My fiancé is a carpenter/joiner and we qualify for subclass 189. We have the funds aside to apply for our residency and come to make a go of a life in Perth. My mother's best friend lives in perth and we are starting with her as a base. Our question is... do we take the plunge and go for a 189 visa from the UK having never visited the country before? Or do we go on a Working holiday visa and if we get there and fall in love, apply straight away? I know it can be done from inside oz. Any advise is much appreciated!! Thank you Katie
  3. danchamp89

    Residancy or citizenship?

    I have been in australia now for 13months i am on my 2nd WHV but the plan was always to stay origionally. I am now 25 I currently live with my mother and step.d but we are struggling on visas origionally we looked at the child visas before i turned 25 but not being in full time education i couldnt apply i live with my parents still and i have no contact with any other family back in the uk does anyone know what the best route is or if there is any loop holes cheers
  4. Hello I am graduate Primary School Teacher wishing to move to Perth with my boyfriend (whom already has been granted a 190 visa). My occupation has been moved onto the CSOL as a schedule 2, which now means I cannot continue with my 190 visa application myself, I have to apply for 457 subclass (190) visa and the criteria for that is that I have a contract of employment for teaching. I have recently sen off my documents to AITSL to be skilled assessed and these can take up to 10 weeks for a decision. The reason that I am not being added as a de facto on my boyfriends visa is that we have never lived together in the 4 years that we have been together, this is for a number of reasons such as, work and university. I am currently working in Moscow as an English Governess, I have been doing this job since graduation University so that I could save up enough money to move out and start my life in Australia. Any guidance or help in regard to the visa process and more importantly, the job, I would be eternally grateful. Many thanks! Felicity