Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'freelancer'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. I’ve had a look around various parts of this forum to try and find an answer but all the threads about it seem to have been from a few years ago so I’m not sure how up-to-date they are, so sorry if you’re reading this and it’s already been answered. Anyway, I’m a freelance translator and interpreter keen to emigrate with my family (spouse and two children). I have run my own business as a sole trader for 7/8 years and see from the 190 skills list that interpreter is on there. Most of my work is in translation but I’ve taken on interpreting jobs in my freelance career, and it was the subject of my first degree. It seems I need to have my credentials approved by the NAATI, but haven’t been able to get very far in gaining their assistance, perhaps because, as stated on their website, their offices are closed due to the pandemic. From what I’ve seen of the application process it looks like I’d have to be nominated by an individual state. What isn’t clear is if I have to seek a post to gain the visa or whether I can emigrate on the 190 with my sole trader business. Is anybody able to steer me in a useful direction? All help appreciated! As a secondary question, I’m also finding it difficult to work out what, if any, school fees I’d have to pay for my kids (I’d be seeking to put them into the state system). From my research it seems the level of fees in schools is set by the state government, but the only government website page I can find about whether dependant children of visa holders have to pay seems to relate to children of students. Again, any help appreciated.
  2. Hello I'm an Indonesian resident and currently working remotely from Indonesia as a freelance with Australian company I pay my tax for Indonesian government because now i'm still living in Indonesia. I'm thinking to do some travelling in Australia for a year (stay in one city for few months and move to another city and do the same), but during my visit, i'm planning to keep working on my freelance job (with the Australian company). I'm still not sure what to do and what visa i should take and how the tax works. Can anyone throw me your two cents/opinion? Thanks in advance! T
  3. Hi Guys, I badly need your help. I am going to spend Xmas and NY with my Aussie bf of two years this year so Im going to apply for a tourist visa. With regards to the EMPLOYMENT PROOF, I resigned from my WORK A of 5 years last July 2011, and continued working with my EMPLOYER (WORK B) online in same country since AUGUST 2010 until now. I resigned coz my online employer pays me better than my previous employment of 5 years. My question is, My employer will give me the COE detailing my employment and since when and how much I get paid every month and he pays me via bank account and more projects to come to do so i need to get back. Is that enough? Do i need to submit for Income Tax Form? All i know being an online worker doesnt need to file for ITR since we didnt have contract signed in the first place when i was started working with WORK B? It seems im a mere freelancer this case. Please help. what other proof do i need to present. I have the COE of my previous employer already. Any help is highly appreciated Thanks