Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'flames'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. I hope none of our members were there. TERRIFIED backpackers hurled themselves from windows and balconies to escape a fire which erupted at their hostel in the middle of the night at Bondi in Sydney's eastern suburbs. The blaze began in a foyer bin at Noah's Bondi Beach, on Campbell Parade, around 3.45am (AEDT) today and quickly filled the building with smoke. About 150 people were evacuated from the property, with a number jumping from windows or balconies and at least one person suffering minor injuries during the fall. Four people were taken to hospital, suffering mostly from smoke inhalation. "A couple of people jumped from windows," a member of staff at the hostel said. "No-one was injured, there was some people taken away with smoke inhalation but there was nothing serious." A New South Wales Fire and Rescue spokesman added: "The building was heavily smoke-logged and a number of people were at windows. "There was obviously a great deal of concern from the occupants." The cause of the fire is suspicious and police have launched an investigation. Shelby Murphy, 20, from Seattle, told The Daily Telegraph that she jumped from a second floor balcony to escape the smoke. Another backpacker, Jack Hardy from England, told the newspaper: "Smoke filled the corridors. You couldn't see the numbers on the doors. "I woke up to the alarms going off and people banging on our door."