Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'domestic installer'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. Hi there, I have a couple of questions about getting my quals and experience recognised in Oz... if anyone has been through the system with the same level of qualifications and experience as me, I would be really interested in hearing about it... I'll explain a little about where I am... I am currently applying with TRA as a gas fitter for the purposes of a visa (it's cheaper than using VETASSESS as an electrician). However, I would also like my electrical qualifications and experience recognised. I understand that if TRA successfully assessed me and issued an ARTC, then once some additional training had been done with PEER in SA or CET in WA, a full grade A license can be obtained. My uncertainty is that I don't have C&G 2360 or 2330... I am just an NIC registered Domestic Installer, with a full scope license and 17th Edition. I have plenty of experience rewiring houses, fault finding, testing and certifying but only in the domestic field. I'm not sure if my quals and experience will be enough for an ARTC? Has anyone else on this forum applied for ARTC, only being a Domestic Installer? My other question is about when to apply... I have read that a few people on here have applied for ARTC whilst still being in the UK (from a thread in Sept 2011)... I thought that an ARTC can only being applied for with a valid visa to work and an Aussie address? Can anyone who has any experience of this tell me how they managed to apply whilst still in the UK? Did you give an Aussie address on your app or were you honest? Thanks in advance guys - this forum is sooooo helpful!