Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'designated area'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. Hi, Can anyone tell me that my relative, who sponsors me for 491 Family Sponsored points tested visa. has to live in a designated regional area at the time of the invitation or at the time of visa application? Thanks a lot!
  2. Hi All We have an immigration consultant applying for our Visa for us (which they previously messed up BIG time last year and now trying again on a different visa as previous one is no longer avail!!). We are now able to apply for a family member sponsored visa for Aus. My sister is the sponsor with PR, she will be living in Sydney. The visa consultant is only getting back to us next week with our query but wondered if anyone could answer this beforehand as the anticipation is too much!!! From looking at the government website, I believe that we would not be able to live in Sydney it's self if we get the 489 family sponsored visa. Does this mean that my sister as the sponsor must not be living in Sydney too - or could she live in Sydney, sponsor us and we live outside of Sydney into the designated areas. OR must both of us NOT be living in Sydney and both of us live in the designated. If anyone has any other advice/suggestions or info with the 489visa I'd love to hear from you! I know this is a new visa since July so not sure how many people have it yet... Thanks in advance
  3. Hi all, Im hoping someone can help me. I have lodged my application for the 887 visa after I contacted the department of immigration about a question, but im not sure they have given me the correct info. And now im thinking I need to alter my application. I am currently on the 475 visa, sponsored by a relative which means I need to live and work in a designated area, which for me is Victoria. If you are sponsored by the state you need to live and work in a specified area which is typically low population areas. For the past two years I have lived and worked in Melbourne which falls under the designated area criteria. On the application for the 887 it asks the question have you lived and worked in a specified area for 2 years and it provide a link to a definition of a specified area. The link brings you to a page that is the definition of a specified area if you are sponsored by a state, which does not include Melbourne. No mention of designated area at all. When I rang the department they told me to answer no as I have not worked in this area as it was not a condition of my relative sponsored visa. Is this correct? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
  4. Wezzza

    Ielts - electrician

    Hi, I thought i was through it all on the visa until it did the points and states i've got 115 and need 120 to migrate on the 175 skilled independant as an electrician. What i want to know is do i really need to sit the IELTS test? I have GCSE English at C level. Also i've read on here that nurses might be able to bypass the IELTS test? If so, can i do the same? On the points part it says designated area, mine is currently zero points, is there somewhere on the visa i can select the area i wish to go to gain an extra 5 points? Cheers Wez