Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'dependent visa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. I have two questions. My partner is applying for the Australian 476 graduate visa and I am included as the dependent. Will I have the same working rights as my partner for a job or will I have any sort of disadvantage. We are both equally eligible for the 476 visa by the way, with same degree and qualification. But we decided to apply together under one visa. Do you think that is the right thing to do or should we apply individually?
  2. My parents and brother came over on 457 3 years ago and have had PR for a year but I stayed behind to finish University. I graduated July (2014) and have come over on a Working Holiday Visa. I want to do a Masters however it is $25000 a year for 2 years. However if I apply as a child dependent on my parents I could get domestic fees ($6000). The problem is the rules state that I could not apply until I have started the course in February but the Uni won't charge domestic fees until I have PR, and if I don't have PR by the end of March they will charge a whole year up front and would only be able to reduce the fees from the next semester. Has anybody been in a similar situation with any help or advice? Thanks in advance.
  3. waterbaby76

    What visa should I apply for please?

    Hi all, I'm new here as I want to apply for my Oz visa and thought as the immigration authorities couldn't help me maybe you guys could :wink: Before July 2012 I had points for entry but it has changed now. I have two kids with NZ passports who both live in the UK with me. I understand they have automatic entry into Oz if that's correct? It's been suggested that I go over and they technically have to sponsor me but I was unsure of the effect that would have on my ability to work and if this type of option is recommended or should I go on a study visa (I'm first year into a degree). I'm planning on Brisbane too if that makes any difference? Any leads would be appreciated thanks!