Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dare'.
Found 3 results
Government to sell off 38,000 hectares of public woodland. This has to be stopped! It even includes ancient woodland, if they are worried about the population explosion just cut down on immigration. Some public forests will still be sold off - Telegraph
Hi All, I'm from UK been in Australia for 5 years currently on a 457 but lodged my 801/820 Partner in September (married to Oz Citizen for 3 years) fully loaded. I'm employed on a rolling 6 month contract (Agency sponsors my 457). My employer's (national big player) new policy is that they want long term contractors to become permanent employees and have offered me a position doing exactly as I do now, problem for me is they do not sponsor people and are not willing to take over my 457 but are willing to hold the offer open until the end of the year possibly into January. If I'm not eligible to take up the position they will be forced to offer the position to someone else and cannot renew my current contract due to expire end Feb 2011 (much against their wishes I've been assured at local level) Here's my dilemma (and request for advice from you good people): I've been granted a BVA which would come into effect when my current 457 is expired (sept 2011). I've written to Immigration fully explaining the situation but they replied saying "they have considered my request to prioritise my Visa application and decided against this" (not what I asked or expected them to do but I understand my situation is unusual and they can't single me out for special attention) Should my Partner Visa not be processed by the end of the year (unlikely given the current time frames) I'm thinking I could try this: My agent cancels my 457 (at my request, which they would as they'll be paid a fee to release me to a permanent position), thus activating my BVA upon which I apply for unlimited permission to work (form 1005, already submitted) What is the chance of not being granted the unlimited permission to work (then I'd be out of a job immediately) How long does it take for a decision for the above Anyone got any other Ideas!!!! Thanks to all for this fantastic site which has assisted me in many ways from the day I was offered a chance to come to this great country Neil
Hi, first post on here..... So pleased to have found this place, we seem to be in a very similar position to many others in being uncertain where to start. Amazed at all the invaluable ( and friendly )advice from people....... I am a technical illustrator with 18 years experience mostly in aerospace and my wife is a hairdresser with 10 years experience although she has worked in a local garden centre for the last year. I believe we are both on the Skills in demand list but I wondered if this was taken into account in any visa application ie such as a joint application (???) or if it is done per person. We both intend to come out and work full time. Apologies if this is a daft question, I realise I still have a 'lot' of research to do. I have contacted the company that is the Australian distributor for the software that is used by many companies for producing technical illustrations with a view to seeing if it would be possible to get a list of Australian companies that I could contact about work or even the possibility of working for them. ( My first 10 years out of college were spent providing tech support and training for illustration software ) I am 39 and my wife is 42 and we have an excited 11 year old son who can't wait to go, I also have a brother who lives in Melbourne and a sister who lives in Sydney. Any pointers or words of advice very much appreciated........ Many Thanks Mike and Claire :jiggy: