Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'coronavirus'.
Found 2 results
My partner and I are wanting to migrate from England to Oz. Doing my research I think the best visa option for us 190 state sponsor as my partner is a mechanic and could get 70 points. HOWEVER I have been in contact with different migrant agents, 1 wants us to apply for two visas at the same time which I have since been told should not be done, 1 said there is no point starting because of the pandemic, the other said to start the ball rolling after 6th October when the updated state skills list will be known, 1 is a lot more expensive than the others in terms of fees and the other is eager to help but I have read bad reviews. Feeling a little overwhelmed and would appreciate any help in finding a migrant agent. thank you
EsBear posted a topic in Family / Partner VisasHi all, I was happily granted my 100 parter visa in February this year. We were super excited as it came in perfect time as we planned to move in May after some travelling. We gave up our jobs, listed the house for rent etc. Within the week, covid had full effect and we went into lock down and Australia had seriously restricted repatriation flights only, shipping was slowed. We decided to hold off for a few months. However now with the quarantine conditions in Australia - 2 weeks confined to one hotel room (not of our choosing) and having to pay £2000 for the privilege (really can't afford this as who knows how long it will take to find jobs over there and it would be from our savings), plus we don't think we will be able to ship our cat at this time amongst other things. We think it is best to find new jobs here in the UK and wait until next year when hopefully things might be a little more settled around the world. Plus my mum has become unwell (not covid) but I am trying to support her care and to move into supported accommodation so could do with a bit of time to get her settled before I go. However - we are concerned as this may take us over the 1 year entry time on my visa conditions. We called Australian immigration and the lady was mightly unhelpful, reading off the internet (what we already knew) and saying that we should let the time lapse and then contact them! This doesn't sound right and I don't want to risk losing the visa. I am going to try to call back today - but I wondered if anyone else is in this situation or had any information? Very much appreciated.