Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'constuction'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. hi me and my family are moving to perth in september, i am a carpenter in london and i am planning to take my tools over to perth, i have my vetassess skills assessment qualification to bring with me, but does anybody know if i will need to obtain anything else like a licence to work when i get there? i remember when we were in sydney back in 2001, to work on a building site you had to do a health and safety test, (blue card if memory serves me right), does this or anything similar apply to WA(perth). also i am just finishing a two year course, HNC in construction management, level 4 qualification, does anybody know how i would get this reconised as a australian qualification? cheers Terry
  2. I phoned Queensland Goverment at 5.30 am today, firstly I asked if trades jobs would be on the SMP and the lady told me NO. Although the constuction industry is now picking up they are trying to fill any vacancies with people already in Oz, she said that they may review the situation in possably six months time, but at present the do not need trades. I then said to her that we lodged our visa a year ago and we are currently cat 3, so what were the chances of getting our visa in the coming year, she said highly unlikely, but you never know, at the moment proccesing is very slow and they are really waiting for the elections first. At this point I said that DIAC were very quick to take our money and then we had all been put on hold and that the Australian goverment was getting a bad reputation for itself, she did agree but I suppose she is only doing as she is told. Anyway bad news for a lot of us, just have to sit & wait it out:arghh: Lesley
  3. Hi all. Whats the best way to go about finding work for my job role? Thanks Dean