Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'conserns'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. Hi all, I am currently in Australia on the sponsored 457 visa, with my partner being the primary visa holder. We would like to make the move over to PR if possible. I have reviewed my options and it appears that we basically have 2 paths we can take, 1 the 175 skilled independent migrant route and, 2 the ENS 856 route. The ENS route would be our preferred path as the processing times seem much quicker. I done the points calculator last week and we both meet the 120 pass mark but this doesn't matter to the ENS as far as I can see. We don’t think my partners employer would go through the ENS without tying her into a longer contract so I was going to approach my employer and ask them to do it. She doesn’t want to stay with them for much past the expiry of the 457 as it wouldn’t be doing much for her career/pay grade. So, to entice my employer we were going to offer to pay the $2500 fee (maybe everyone pays it but they don’t know that). Can anyone advise on the bad aspects for the employer in this situation? For instance, if they go through with it and after a couple of months I go on a killing spree, is there any comeback on them? From immigration, or the like? The obvious bad aspect is the additional work load on the HR manager, she done a 457 application before and I don’t think she wants to do one again. It would obviously free us up to move and work somewhere else if we wished but I can do that anyways as I am here because of my partner. So, my main query is, after the ENS 121/856 PR visa is granted has the employer anything to worry about other than the employee leaving them. Thanks.