Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'chronic illness'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. TheEscapePlan

    Moving to Aus with a chronic condition

    I'm Australian by birth, and have lived in the UK for almost 15 years. Me and my other half are planning to put his application (47SP/ 40SP) in in November with the view of moving this time time next year. I have a chronic condition - hypopituitarism - which I developed in the UK after a pituitary tumour was found and treated. I need full spectrum hormone replacement. My Endocrinologist has told me I need to be under the care of a consultant Endocrinologist at a teaching hospital when we move. Does anyone else have experience of moving with a chronic condition? How did you negotiate getting the right care/ consultant for your condition? I have previously tried seeing an endocrinologist near where my parents live in Australia, but they were less than helpful. I'm a bit nervous of moving over without having anything set up before we leave... Any advice will be greatly received.