Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'child care'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. Hi there, long story short i have been looking for child care agency in NSW area that could help to find a job and assisting in visa application for RSMS but if there is any good agency located outside of NSW i am more than happy to travel to the office. I would like to ask for help to recommend any child care agency that could help me in my situation, any information would be helpful and i would like to say thanks in advance. Thanks. Regards, Alexander
  2. The Pom Queen

    Childcare in Australia

    One of the main concerns when moving to a new country is who is going to help with the children. We can no longer ask friends or family to keep an eye on them whilst we go off to work so we need to look at alternatives. Unfortunately childcare is expensive in Australia and sometimes it may be worth considering whether it's more cost affective for one parent to remain at home until your child can start school. Below are some options available: Family Day Care Suitable for children 6 weeks - 12 years - Costs: $6 - $10 per hour - average $57 per day. Family day care is the UK alternative to a registered childminder. To be able to look after your child in their home they need the following: Cert III in Education and Care (or working towards this) First Aid Certificate A working with children check Public Liability Insurance Childcare Centre Suitable for children Birth - 5 years Costs: $70 - $200 per day A childcare centre is what we would call a nursery in the UK. It is an expensive option but may be the one you find most suited to your circumstances. The centre will be licensed with qualified staff who follow a structured program. Like all childcare centres there will be a child/staff ratio and your child will not be cared for on a one to one basis. The downside with childcare centres is that they are not flexible with their operating hours also a lot do have long waiting lists and like schools some parents have their child's name down before they are born. Nanny Suitable for children 6 weeks - 14 years Costs: $17 - $25 per hour dependent on experience A nanny is someone who is qualified to care for your child in their own environment. Although having a qualified nanny is expensive if you have more than one child it may work out cheaper. You can choose a nanny that will either live in or out and the wage will relate to this. If you are hiring a nanny please check they have a working with children card and a first aid certificate. You will find a nanny will give you more flexibility especially if you are working shifts. Au Pair Suitable for children 2 years - 12 years Costs: $200 per week live in. Some au pairs are not qualified to work with children and look at it more as a stepping stone to another career. They may not be reliable or may only stay with you for a short period of time. We find a lot of backpackers look for work as an au pair because it gives them accommodation and a small bit of spending money. An au pair can also help with cooking meals for the child, some prefer not to cater for the family or do full housework so make sure you both know what you are letting yourselves in for. Before and After School Care Suitable from 5 years - 15 years Cost: $10 - $30 per session You will find most schools or church groups offer a before and after school club. Unfortunately these only have limited hours but are a good option if you have a 9 - 5 job. Read our Child Care Benefits Article - https://www.pomsinoz.com/articles.html/living-in-australia/child-care-benefit-r27/
  3. Bri Taljaard

    Child Care in Melbourne : Costs????

    Well , we recently landed in melbourne from South Africa . Hubby and I are on 457 work Visas , so we are getting NO rebate on Child Care . The cost are huge , so I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of who and what we could do???? We are paying $700 a week for 2 children , thats my whole pay going into child care .is there a cheaper option??? Please Help Thanks Bri From Sunny glen Waverley Melbourne