Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'casa'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 1 result

  1. I hope my experience is helpful to any engineers trying to convert to the Aussie licence system. I am a type rated B2 engineer in the UK but also hold a B1 with no type ratings, and have had issues with my electrical cover as the Aussie licence system does not gel with EASA 66 licences. I have been granted Instrument and Radio credits in line with my A320/21, A330, B757 & B767 but have lost my meager electrical cover afforded to me by my B2 (no grandfather rights) CASA do not recognise LWTR's and will only grant you the credits towards an Aus licence if you hold a type on your licence and a company approval for at least 6 months related to your UK licence. I have held my B1 for over 6 months and have carried out an A330 B1 type course I also have over 10 years experience on type with a log book to support the last year or so, I am awaiting an engine course so I can apply for my UK type rating (end of this month). Even with this ammount of supporting data CASA still would not grant me my electrics on the A330. My life now hangs in limbo as Visa's are in place and job in Perth is waiting. If anyone needs any help converting their licences or understanding the CASA licencing system I have now got a reasonable understanding of how to apply and how it all works thanks to my misfortunes let me know and I will see fi I can assist. :arghh: