Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bvc'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat

Categories

  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 3 results

  1. Hello everybody, First time posting here and wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation. My partner and I are currently on a BVA for a DE 187 application which we applied for in February this year. However, the sponsoring Business is listing the business for sale. We’re not sure how soon it will sell and if it will keep the same ABN, but obviously, we are concerned. My partner (main applicant) has been approached by a different restaurant that is willing to sponsor her and start a new nomination for the same position as a restaurant manager. After speaking with the Department, I was informed that two nominations can be lodged at the same time, however, as an applicant it can be tricky, as the 2nd employer would need to have completed the required advertising, received RCB approval and lodged a nomination before we could withdraw the 1st application and apply for the new application. What mainly concerns us, is that if we were to apply for the new application on our current BVA we would be placed on a BVC. This is what is uncharted territory for me, as we would want to avoid going on a Bridging Visa C due to work rights (which can be appealed) but most importantly the family hardship of not being able to leave the country for almost 2 years while waiting for a decision on the new application. I think a workaround would be to apply for a tourist visa after withdrawing the initial 187 application and before applying for the new 187, but then we run the risk of receiving a No Further Stay condition on that 600 visa. After explaining our situation to an agent at the DHA, he suggested contacting nsw.pse@border.gov.au and request priority processing for the initial 187. He said don't mention the business being for sale, but have a reason to request the priority processing. That seems like a long shot to me, and I wouldn't even know where to begin. It all seems a bit too overwhelming, and while hiring a migration agent would be the next step, is it really worth it when 75% of DE applications are getting denied? Also, does anyone have any experience with requesting a refund (form 1424) because of a situation out of the applicant's control, such as the nominating business selling? Any words of wisdom would be appreciated. Cheers, Alexander
  2. Hi Everyone, I am new here and any help is highly appreciated My 485 visa was about to expire so I applied for a student visa on 22/10/2017 and BVA was granted. I received the invitation for 189 on 06/12/2017 and applied for the visa on 07/12/2017. Today (12/12/2017), I was granted BVC saying this visa is not in effect because my BVA is currently in effect. My question here is, should I withdraw my student visa on my own or wait until CO guides me? Also, I read somewhere that there are 28 days cooling date once you withdraw your visa upon CO guidance and then only CO will grant you the visa? Thank you so much in advance and I really hope to hear from you all very soon
  3. leafcat

    BVC to BVB

    hi, I've been told that I might get a bridging visa C instead of A. Is it possible to apply for a Bridging visa B whilst on a bridging visa C? Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
×