Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bva'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat

Categories

  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Found 5 results

  1. Mandy3112

    Enrolling into school on temp Visa

    Hi all, Looking for some advice from anyone else in my situation. We came to Sydney in January on a 3 month visitor Visa. We have just applied for the Last remaining relative Visa (835) and been accepted and granted a BVA WA, with rights to study. Does this mean I do not have to pay the school fees for my daughter to go into primary school? Or are we classed as temp residents even though we are awaiting PR?
  2. Hello I hope you can help! I’ve put the information below relating to my fiancé and I moving over to Australia. (NB we’ve been living together in the UK for four years and had a joint bank account for around three years or so and have lots of docs to back that kind of thing up). 1. I’ve been offered a role in Sydney, but only if I can start within 3-4 months 2. I’m currently living in London (British with a British passport) with my fiancé who is from New Zealand with a NZ passport 3. Id like to get over to Aus asap so I can apply in country for a visa that will allow me to work within a 3-4 month period (assuming that I have to apply in country for this to work) 4. I need to come back to the UK before moving to Aus permanently within the three month visitor term as: A) we’re getting married mid August in London B) my fiancé will be leaving his London job but we could really do with some more time to work in the UK and save up before moving to Aus in say, September/October ideally So my question is - can we do all of that within the immigration requirements? For example can I: Apply in the UK for a visitor visa for three months Go to Aus with my fiancé and on day 1 apply for a partnership visa (461?) and automatically apply for a BVA (does he need to be with me for this or can he stay in London?) Then travel back to the UK after approx one week on my visitor visa Come back to Aus in Sept/Oct before my visitor visa has expired and my BVA has kicked in (so no need to wait for the BVA and then convert to BVB to travel to London and back again when returning to Sydney so I can work) Is that following the rules? A separate option I hoped might be possible: Is there any way to make this work without going to Australia twice (ie apply for the partner visa (461?) in the UK and still be able to move to and work in Aus in the next 3-4 months)? Very grateful for any help you can offer! Many thanks!
  3. Hi Everyone, I am new here and any help is highly appreciated My 485 visa was about to expire so I applied for a student visa on 22/10/2017 and BVA was granted. I received the invitation for 189 on 06/12/2017 and applied for the visa on 07/12/2017. Today (12/12/2017), I was granted BVC saying this visa is not in effect because my BVA is currently in effect. My question here is, should I withdraw my student visa on my own or wait until CO guides me? Also, I read somewhere that there are 28 days cooling date once you withdraw your visa upon CO guidance and then only CO will grant you the visa? Thank you so much in advance and I really hope to hear from you all very soon
  4. Hi Everyone, I'm having a little worry and thought I'd ask you guys before I call DIAC I've submitted my 801/820 Partner Visa application and my WHV is valid until 7 Dec, DIAC have already granted me BVA for when my WHV runs out and I am planning on going to see my OH's God Son with him on 3 Dec until 18 Dec and we will be flying to the Gold Coast from Sydney to see him...my question is do I have to tell DIAC I am doing this? Am I ok to fly within Australia on my WHV/BVA as long as I take my letters from DIAC as proof? This is probably a straight forward yes or no answer but thought I'd just check as the time is looming!! Thanks everyone :biggrin:
  5. Hi All, I'm from UK been in Australia for 5 years currently on a 457 but lodged my 801/820 Partner in September (married to Oz Citizen for 3 years) fully loaded. I'm employed on a rolling 6 month contract (Agency sponsors my 457). My employer's (national big player) new policy is that they want long term contractors to become permanent employees and have offered me a position doing exactly as I do now, problem for me is they do not sponsor people and are not willing to take over my 457 but are willing to hold the offer open until the end of the year possibly into January. If I'm not eligible to take up the position they will be forced to offer the position to someone else and cannot renew my current contract due to expire end Feb 2011 (much against their wishes I've been assured at local level) Here's my dilemma (and request for advice from you good people): I've been granted a BVA which would come into effect when my current 457 is expired (sept 2011). I've written to Immigration fully explaining the situation but they replied saying "they have considered my request to prioritise my Visa application and decided against this" (not what I asked or expected them to do but I understand my situation is unusual and they can't single me out for special attention) Should my Partner Visa not be processed by the end of the year (unlikely given the current time frames) I'm thinking I could try this: My agent cancels my 457 (at my request, which they would as they'll be paid a fee to release me to a permanent position), thus activating my BVA upon which I apply for unlimited permission to work (form 1005, already submitted) What is the chance of not being granted the unlimited permission to work (then I'd be out of a job immediately) How long does it take for a decision for the above Anyone got any other Ideas!!!! Thanks to all for this fantastic site which has assisted me in many ways from the day I was offered a chance to come to this great country Neil
×