Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'attempts'.
Found 3 results
londonpaul posted a topic in Chewing the fatDuring a speech at the lord mayor of London's banquet, the prime minister described an exchange with Australian leader, Julia Gillard, and tried to imitate her accent. Cameron's audience at the Guildhall in London laughed, but the Sydney Morning Herald newspaper described his impersonation as 'bizarre' http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/video/2011/nov/15/david-cameron-attempts-australian-accent-video
JulesFox posted a topic in Visa ChatHi Unfortunately today we have found out that DIAC have refused our 175 visa application on the ground that our son who has developmental delay does not meet the medical requirement. We were just wondering if there is any last ditch attempt we could make to try to overturn the decision or if that is the end of our fight? I did read about somebody phoning the medical people to try get them to change their decision - not sure if this is worth the effort. Our main points that we can see that we could fight on are that our son does not have a permanent condition as DIAC have stated in their decision to refuse us - his condition is not diagnosed so noone can say whether it is permanent or not. Also, as we see it we have looked at the recommendations that are to hopefully come in on the medical requirements and we think he would meet the requirement if these recommendations are made - do you think this is true? I just know that other people have managed to get a visa with similar circumstances so am interested if you know how they managed it. Julia
Just wondering how hard people try to get a visa into Australia. Basically, for us = Plan A - Skilled Visa (OH) = failed as work experience didn't count & not enough recognised Certificates. Plan B - Family Sponsored Visa = was a no no, as all family live too close to Perth Met. Plan C - Student Visa = Unable to commit to as way too expensive for a family of 6. Plan D - Business Visa (OH) = Likely, but a bit skint at mo, (maybe okay in another 12 months or so). But wouldn't like to commit to just this option in case it doesn't happen. So in case it does fail, - Plan E - = Seriously considering on starting access course next Sept. If Business Visa works out, then fantastic & I've had the chance to start something new in the process, if not - it's years ahead of me re-training! So, 2 questions; How many other people have had to use Plan B, C, D, E or more to get across to OZ? And how many years is it taking or has taken you? Tracey :chatterbox: