Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'advice or info'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. eileenwaite

    Parent visa help please?

    My partner has an aus citizenship and my daughter received citizenship by decent, we all would like to settle in Aus as a family. I need a visa, I have no idea where to start? please can someone share some pointers? thanks!!!
  2. Hi all! Firstly i am new to this site and not sure how everything works yet, but here goes! I have joined this site as my partner and i decided we would love to make the move to australia. We are both mid 20's, i am studying nursing while my partner is in construction management. My partners little sister has recently gained residency in queensland and his parents are now planning to move over permanently also :shocked: My partner has informed me that an employer would sponser him for the move. We have 3 children, 9,5,4. I had my heart set on it all until through looking for info on visas i found this site and came across medical requirements for visa. This is where the nightmare (literally) started for me. My 9yr old has a diagnosis of ASD. After reading through posts/threads i realised it may be virtually impossible to gain a permanent visa with this diagnosis. Since he was diagnosed (aged 4) he has astonished health professionals by since gaining full speech (were told he would never speak) and understanding of language, he has no repetative tendancies, joins his mainstream class everyday as he asks to do so, is highly sociable, needs no assistance to self care, does not and never has been on any medication and has no physical difficulties. I am looking into migration experts but due to the anxiety and stress of learning about this i have made this my first port of call before i drown my sorrows with bottle of wine! Any advice/experience or information would be greatly appreciated. i am clinging onto any hope i have left. Thanks, Suz
  3. Hey, I am new to this site, took me about ten mins to figure out how to start a new thread! so anyway, next year in September I'm planning on studying Nursing, for 3 years and will graduate in 2014 when I'm 23. Between now and then I am going to slowly save (luckily if you study nursing you get monthly bursaries- which will help!) so I have a decent amount when I've graduated. Just wondered if I could apply for permanant residency straight after or would I need a years experience first? Is the year experience compulsory? And also, as I'd obviously have my student loan to pay off when I DO start working as a Registered Nurse, could that be easily transferred so I could pay it off when in Australia? Would love to hear any information and/or personal experiences, thanks!