Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '864'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 9 results

  1. nate17

    Visa 884 and 864

    Hi everyone, I am sure some of these questions have already been asked here before. I apologise for repeating them if that's the case. I will try to keep it as simple as possible. 1. Is Contributory Parent Visa (Temporary) - 884 faster to process than 864 or the process time is pretty much the same? (I am aware that the wait time for 864 is currently closer to 10-15years) 2. Is the queue same for all 143, 173, 884 and 864 ? is any priority given to onshore applications? Thanks in advance
  2. evionthego

    Parent Visa 804 or 864?

    Hi I am in the process of moving my mother out to Australia from the UK. I am a perm resident and my sister is a citizen and we are her only children. My mother meets all of the criteria required for the 804 (non contributory parent visa) or 864 (contributory parent) visas. The question we have is which do we go for and we would appreciate any advice. As far as we can see, the only advantage the 864 has over the 804 is the visa process time and the fact that she will be a perm resident within @2 years (as opposed to 30 yrs+ with the 804). The visa cost is @$60,000 for the 864 and only $11,000 for the 804. The only risk we can see is if the Government change any legislation or the visa requirements which mean that she would have to leave Australia. Now everything we find online pretty much indicates that even if they did this, it would only affect new applications and not current applications, so she would basically be safe to stay indefinitely in Australia regardless. With visa processing waiting times of 30 yrs minimum for the 804, the reality is that she is unlikely to ever become a PR of Australia if we choose this visa due to her age (currently 68yrs old). Which brings us back to the cost of the visa - is the 864 worth $60,000? Any advice or experience would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Hi, I am an Australian citizen and my 74yr old Mum, who is British, would like to apply for an onshore Contributory Aged Parent Visa (864). Have I got the process correct: She flies into Australia (when we’re back open) on an eVisitor visa (3m). Then applies for the 864 when she gets here. She should then receive a Bridging Visa A allowing her to stay onshore while the 864 is being processed. Is the eVisitor visa the correct visa for her to fly into Australia with, if she is hoping to apply for an onshore Contributory Aged Parent Visa when she gets here or is there a more appropriate one? Thank you in advance for your time and help with this.
  4. Hi, As my parents are here on visitor visa I am planning to file 864. My dad is 67 and mom 64 years of age. Just with the documemtation i would like to clarify all they have in original is their passports rest all are scanned copies for their id proof. Is there a neef to attest tge copies before visa submission or just simple scans are enough. As i understand they would be put in bridging visa and in normal circunstances wont be able to travel back on BVA to get originals at any stage. BVB could be an option but would like to have clarity at this stage. Thanks!
  5. https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L01496 A Legislative Instrument has been published today which reduces the number of available parent visas compared with the 2018/19 program year. In summary, there is a ceiling of 6,096 visas on the number of Contributory Parent visas for the year to 30 June 2020. For the previous year the ceiling was 7,175. For non CP visas the 2019/20 ceiling is 1,275 (1,500 for 2018/19). The ceiling on the granting of CP Visas includes 125 visas that are available to subclass 410 and 405 visa holders who are seeking permanent residency under the pathway that opened 12 months ago. Best regards.
  6. There are several requirements that must be satisfied before reasonably considering lodging an application for an Australian parent visa. To help those who might be considering applying for a parent visa they are summarised here. The balance of family test must be satisfied. This requires that at least half of your children live permanently in Australia, or that more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country. Those who do not satisfy the balance of family test may be interested in the proposed new temporary Parent visa Applicants must have a sponsoring child who is “settled” in Australia. The subject of settled sponsors is discussed more fully here If applying for a subclass 804 Aged Parent or subclass 864/884 Contributory Aged Parent visa: The main visa applicant must be “aged”, this being the age when you are eligible for an Age Pension in Australia All applicants must be in Australia when the visa application is submitted to the Department of Immigration, and when it is granted If applying for a visa while in Australia a condition 8503 (No Further Stay) must not attach to the visa used to enter Australia. If applying for an offshore visa (subclasses 103, 143 – with a one step visa strategy – and 173 are offshore visas) applicants must be outside Australia when the visa is granted. Sufficient funds to pay the 2nd Visa Application Charges – currently AUD 43,600 per applicant – must also be readily available when a Contributory Parent visa application is approaching finalisation. For some, this will require careful management of the visa application process to ensure liquid funds are to hand at the appropriate time, as the Department of Immigration requires remittance of the 2nd VAC within 28 days of the issuing of the request for payment. Kindly reproduced with the permission from @Alan Collett at Go Matilda
  7. Hi My parents have been granted (feb 17) Visitor visa (subclass 600). They are currently outside Australia. I plan to apply for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) or Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Subclass 864) for them . Visitor Visa has 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY condition which will not allow me to apply for Subclass 884/864 visa when they are onshore and Subclass 884 visa says "You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition." Subclass 864 says "You must be in Australia at the time you apply for this visa. You can only apply if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia. " Does this mean I cannot apply for Subclass 884/864 for my parents at all? Why is that so? They are 69/68 years old and falls under Aged category. Thanks Is my only option under Contributory visa is subclass 173/143 as they can be applied offshore? I think I am looking at 32 Months wait period for 173 if I go that path. Thanks 2nd Question - If I apply for subclass 173, will that cancel their Tourist Visa (subclass 600) How can they come to meet us in Australia while they are waiting for their subclass 173 visa outcome? Thanks Thanks Aman
  8. Hello all, my parents are currently in Australia on a holiday visa and would like to apply for the Contributory Aged Parent Visa (subclass 864). The balance of family and everything like that works out fine but we a bit confused about the requirements for proving that the sponsor is 'settled'. My brother will be sponsoring my parents on this application, he has been in Australia on a permanent skilled visa for around 7/8 months. The guidelines for the visa suggest that the sponsor should have been resident for a period of 2 years but this article: Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News would seem to suggest that centering your life around Australia is more important than the period of time you have been resident. He has the following in support of his proof of residency: Mortgage for house he has bought + rental documents in same area prior to this Car purchase Full time employment at same company for around 6/7 months Various other documents (gym membership, football club membership etc.) He does not own any property or indeed have any possessions in the UK, everything he owns is in Australia and has no intention whatsoever of leaving. Will he be able to sponsor my parents application in his current situation of having been resident for a relatively short period of time but with a lot of evidence to show he is settled? If anyone has been in a similar situation I would love to hear about it, my parents don't want to 'waste' an application fee if it is certain to be rejected! Many thanks.
  9. I have 2 aged parents... and being an only child i am now thinking of how to get them over here for their last years... dad was born in 1916 and mum 1920.... if they came over on a holiday visa could we apply for this whilst they are here?... would this aged parent visa be the way to go or can anyone else give any other ideas or visas we can try? thanks min x:wubclub: