Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '572'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 10 results

  1. Stuart Edwards

    Student Visa / Defacto Visa Confusion!

    Hi all! I'd been tearing my hair out trying to find answers to my conundrum! I hope there's someone out there that can help! Right - My girlfriend and I are both Brits on 417 WHV. We're both working full-time and would love to carry on our lives here in this beautiful country! Our visas expire in August and we're heading back to the UK for a visit. I'd like to come back on a student visa, preferably part-time and carry on working where I am now for 20hrs per week. - Are international student courses/visas hard to to land and set up? Are there reputable courses that don't cost the earth?! - If I was on a student visa, could my girlfriend apply for partner defacto visa? - Could she study full-time if she was on a defacto visa? But not pay international student fees? It would be great to hear some stories of people who have had similar experiences! We're both skilled and committed, but our background/experience is lacking so skilled migrant/sponsorship visas opportunities are limited... Cheers everyone! Stu & Eloise x
  2. Guest

    572 visa

    Hi was wondering if any person can give me info on this so call 572 student visa. Tell me the good, the bad and the dirty .....please I have been told it is an expensive way to go but this seems the only way for family of 4 adults over 36 kids between 8-13 would be gratefull for any info :chatterbox::wacko::arghh: sunchild
  3. Guest

    Changed 573 to 572 myself !!

    just want say that i have been granted a 572 today, had a 573 before (i applied a couple of weeks ago online). cannot believe the fact that i have called up 2 agents plus a recommended agent from this forum, yet none would help.. they said you should apply for graduate visa first or sorry we no longer do this type of visa (longer term for cant help you).. they obviously doing it for the money, graduate or Pr visa Au 2000+, while student visa $AU500.. now i see why they wont help me change my subclass... too much hussle and not worth the money for them.. Starting to lose confidence with agents !!
  4. Hi, Can anyone please help me? :goofy: I need to change my student visa subclass from 573 to 572, One of the education agent told me that there should be at least 3-6 months study should be left before I can apply for 573 to 572, But I could not find any information related to this. I have only 2 months study left. Please advise me, I'm really confused :chatterbox:
  5. Hi, I am currently studying Diploma which leads to Degree, But after finishing my Diploma (end of Nov 09) I want to apply for T.R or P.R,:wub: Can anybody pls tell me is it compulsory for me to change my visa subclass from 573 to 572 ? and if yes then how can I do it??:chatterbox: Thanx
  6. Guest

    Student Visa 572 - Medicals?

    Hi I have been accepted at Southbank TAFE - Commercial Cookery Course startin July 09, I have applied for my visa and that has been accepted. I am a little concerned however, that I have not been requested to take a medical / xrays. Has anyone else applied for this course and had to complete a medical? I thought I would have had too. Thanks Laura 9 weeks to go! :spinny:
  7. Hi Has anyone any experience of this type of visa application? Further to my earlier post in the 'welcome forum' I corresponded with thisisaustralia.com and they say that the chances of obtaining a sponsor in the present economic climate is quite slim but another option we could consider is a student visa. I understand that we will have to fund the cost of the college course and also support ourselves for the duration. I have seen another thread on here about 'how much money to emmigrate with and the amounts vary considerably. So if anyone has made the move, or knows anyone that has, on a Temporary Student Visa, I would love to hear from them. thanks again in advance Mandy
  8. Hi,Im posting this on behalf of my sister.She arrived in Perth a few months ago with her live together boyfriend of 4 years,my sister came out on a student visa subclass 572 and her boyfriend came out on a 1 year working holiday visa. Im wondering if its possible that when his 1 year WHV runs out,can he go on my sisters visa or will he need to leave OZ? I would hate to think that he would need to leave. Once my sister has studied for 2 years i guess she will be applying for residency to stay in Oz and i believe she think that he can go on her visa. Has anybody else been in this situation or can they suggest anything they can do to enable him to stay here too? I would love to hear any suggestions or ideas!
  9. What a nightmare - so much information to read and sooooo confusing! :err: We first thought my husband would be the best way to get residency in Australia, however, although he has an NQV level II in Plastering he has only done just over 500 hours of training (2yr day release course). He has been working as a plasterer for 10 years and the last 5 had his own business here in France! BUT it appears that as he has not completed 900 hours college training he will not apply for the Skilled 175 visa and that we should wait for the new MAP criterea to come out! - this could be forever by the looks of it! So, we then thought, I would apply for a student visa (as i wanted to do a hairdressing course anyway) but I am quite worried that this will cost too much and we may not get permanent residency at the end of it. Does anyone have any advice on this? If on a student visa I have heard that you need to pay for school fees (I have two little ones!) does this mean private schools or states schools as well? My eyes hurt from trawling the internet for information so if anyone could help me I would be very grateful!:wubclub:
  10. Guest

    Visa 572

    hi is anyone out there hoping to go on a visa 572 'vocasional study visa' wondered how you may be getting on