Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '189 application issue'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 7 results

  1. Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of doing a 189 visa, living in Perth on a WHV. I have the forms to book my Plumbing TRA, but I'm pretty lost with it. I have my P45 from my only UK Plumbing job (did all my apprenticeship there too), but it doesn't have a start date. I have my P60 for 2010, would I need P60s for every year of employment? I'm also having to do my application from outside of Australia, as my WHV expires before I hit 25, and would prefer to use a good agent if anyone has one to recommend, that will charge a reasonable rate, and is willing to put forward my visa whilst I am not in the country? Thanks for any help, Paul.
  2. Hi all, I have tried to find my answers in previous posts however there is lots of conflicting information and not an answer to a specific question that I have so here goes... I am about to apply for a skilled independent 189 visa, and I am adding my de facto partner to the application We are living in Australia at the moment on a WHV, I have all required to apply... skills assessment, qualifications, ID, medicals completed, UK police checks and although we have not lived in Aus we have Aus police checks just incase, IELTS completed for points etc Our UK police checks came back and although mine is fine, no trace; my partners has a stepped down caution for possessing a class A drug in 2012. He is going to contact the Uk police for further information as I have read this is commonly asked for He tells me that he has also been arrested in the past, 4 times for being drunk and disorderly, was taken to the police station and issued a fine with no further action My questions are 1 - where does he actually declare this? We have looked at the application form and character reference stat dec many times, it states has be a conviction therefore we initially said no as it is only a caution 2 - If he requests a subject access from ARCO, does this just list all information held against him, or will it provide more information about this particular issue which I assume DIBP will require more information for 3- Does he declare the other arrests? Should we be worried about these past issues? 4- Should he write a letter and upload this with our application, explaining his guilt and how he is a reformed character which he genuinely is? Any help would be greatly appreciated, at present we are finding it difficult to locate an appropriate RMA and we also are having difficulty visiting a RMA as we work long hours and are not in a position to take time off at present Cheers
  3. mwn123

    2 EOIs for 189 and 190 visas

    Hello, I submitted EOI for 189 and 190 visas. I have already got invitation for 189 and applied for state nomination from SA. Today SA immigration refused application saying that My queries: I dont know why they could not locate my EOI. I checked several times and found EOI ID is correcr. Is there any possibility that it happened because of 189 visa invitation? In this case, can I submit another EOI for 190 visa only as my current EOI is locked for 60 days because of 189 invitation? For some personal reasons, I prefer applying 190 over 189. I need one more info please. If I do not apply for 189 visa after getting this invitation, will it affect if I apply 190 or 189 later on? Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Best regards, mwn
  4. mwn123

    Research experience in EOI

    Hello, I have just got invitation for 189 visa. At the same time I am little bit confused about my point claims. As per SkillSelect my EOI point breakdown is as follows Age: 30, English: 10, Education: 15, Experience: 10 (TOTAL: 65) I claimed points for research assistantship (RA) during my masters study which added 5 points. Apart from this I have 3 years experience which is assessed by EA. My confusion is 1. If I lodge visa and provide all documents of RA, will it be considered as an experience? (I heard somewhere that RA is not considered as experience) 2. If they don't consider it, I still have 60 points. Will they issue visa based on that? I am now thinking if I made any mistake including RA as an experience. I am confused if I should lodge visa or not, as I will lose the visa fees if it is refused I am eagerly waiting for your cooperation. Please provide your expert opinions. Thanks mwn
  5. chtleung

    Question after 189 lodged

    Hi all, I have my 189 visa (with my husband together) submitted. We are offshore from low risk area. We have done the health check. I am wondering do we need to apply for police check now. If so, when should we apply for police check? We both have stayed in Australia for 4-7 years during our studies 5 years ago. Do we need to apply for police check before we are allocated a CO? Or we should wait till the CO request us to do so. Moreover, where do we need to apply for police check? both in Australia or only in our country? The 2nd question is we are newly married just before my submission of EOI. We have been together for 4 years but just started to live together after married. Do I have to upload any other evidence besides the marriage certificate to prove our relationship? Christy
  6. Hi All, I have total experience is 3.6 years as Database developer (who create the database design) and Business Intelligence(Data warehousing) developer and i want to apply for 189/190 visa and want to know that i will fall in which category means either software engineer( 261313) or developer programmer(261312) or either database administrator(262111) or some other job code. I checked it but couldn't be able to identify. It would be really appreciate if anyone can guide me for the same.Thanks in advance.
  7. Hi everyone, I'm really desperate for some answers for my problem from the more experienced members of the forum so I'd really appreciate your help. My husband updated his EOI with the Australian Computer Society skills assessment results on Oct 18 and we got an invite on Oct 20 since the points calculated were 75. We put in our application on Oct 21 and paid the fees as well. The next day while going through the ACS assessment for some reason, we realised that the assessment was a bit ambiguous and they had actually not given him the points for ALL of his work experience which would reduce our points score to 65 now. As of now, although it was inadvertent, it looks like we have overestimated our points on both the EOI and the application. I was trying to find out what to do and some of the forum posts say that they can cancel our application and ban us from applying for the next few years. We do not have a case officer yet but it was an honest mistake. Who do we contact regarding this? Do we: 1) Fill out a change in circumstances form and attach it with the application 2) withdraw the application (will we get a refund?) and reapply after correcting the details on the EOI? We are both at our wits end since my current visa expires in Jan 2014 and I need to have the bridging visa to continue working here! Can someone please help? Many thanks!