Search the Community
Showing results for tags '17yr'.
Found 4 results
This is my dillema I have 3 childeren 9, 13and 17. I was originally offered a job 4yrs ago when I qualified as a nurse, but my 17yr old who was 13 at time did not want to go (looking back wish I dragged him kicking and screaming). Before xmas he decided he now wanted to move to Oz, after hours of reseach of seeing if it would be a problem him getting an apprenticeship over there (he is a machanical engineer apprentice here) was advised would not be a problemas he already has NVQ2 in same and would have completed his 1st year. He has now anounced he is not coming to the point has asked his gran if he can live with her (which she agreed). I am now in two minds whether to abandon the whole thing as a cannot imagine getting on a plane and leaving him, but on the other hand my other two childeren are really excited and can't wait to embark on a new life. I have tried to explain all the positives that I have read on PIO but he is having none of it. Iam i just being selfish? sorry for lenghthy thread has anyone got any advice or been through the same Lisa
Hi We are looking to move to Canberra (most likely) my husband has been offered a job in Fyshwick. Our daughter was not previously coming with us but now she thinks she would like to. She is 17yrs old now will be 18 in Nov 2011. She will be completing her AS levels this year so is only half way through her a-levels. Can anyone shed any light on what she can do once in Australia? She would like to continue education possibly going to uni but not sure where she should start having only done half her a-levels. Would she have to do 2 years of college or could she just do a final year? Would a foundation course for degree be possible? I am mega confused and she wants to be able to go to school or not come with us. Any idea of costs as I am assuming even if she attends state school as a migrant she would have to pay or am I wrong? Thanks muchly Candice
Hey guys, I'm 17 and am looking to move to Ozland in mid-september with my family, booked the tickets (can't wait!) I've passed all my GCSE's (whether thats meaningful or not, i dunno) and I just finished the first half of my A levels (AS qualification), but not the full A Level. It would be really helpful if you could give me an idea of what to do when I get out there. I know that I want to go into teaching, but I'm not sure how to get there from this position. :unsure: Thanks, - Sam :biggrin:
Could anybody offer us some advice please? We have been here since 2008 on a 457 Visa with my OH as the main applicant! We have 2 Daughters with us here and 1 in the UK! We are heading back when our visa ends in 2011 BUT our 17yr old would like to stay! She turns 18 in November.........does she have any options? She went to immigration and got told there was nothing she could do if her Dad wasn't staying! The only option she would have is a Student Visa at a cost of $14000! studying something that probably wouldn't interest her like Hairdressing.......she could only work 20hrs p/wk on that so wouldn't be able to survive financially even if we did have the funds required for the Visa which we don't! She currently has a great job with an Airline at SYD and really wants to stay! Does anyone have any other suggestions please?