Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '176pr'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 2 results

  1. Hi, I am a postgrad research student of IT studying at a recognized Australian university. This is a 3-year course and contains 100% research with no coursework. I have taken the points test on immi.gov.au for GSM visa subclass 176. I pass the test with 110 points considering I have fulfilled the 2-year Australian study requirement and could avail a state sponsor. Can anyone advise, whether I can apply for GSM 176 visa after the completion of my 2nd year? Note that at that time I won't be receiving any degree/certificate for the course. However, possibly I will be able to collect official evidence of 2-year PhD study. Thanks, --- Tanvir
  2. Hopkins2016

    176(PR) or 475(Temp)

    Dearest PIO members, I am currently considering which visa route to undertake. I have the choice of a 176 State PR (Vic) or 475 State Provional visa (SA). I would prefer SA for the cheaper standard of living, but the PR route is preferable. As such can you advise on the following: - On a 176 PR visa can I leave the state after 2 years of initail work/ residence ? - Will I be eligeble for a mortgage on either 176 PR and 475 temp visas ? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you. Ploppy