Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '1229'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 4 results

  1. Flo&max

    permission from ex

    Hi! I am looking at relocating with my 2 kids and husband within the next 2 years. We haven't got a plan as such in place yet, but we are thinking either WA or QLD as we have friends living in both states. We plan on applying for a skilled visa as I am a RN. I have a child from a previous relationship and am aware I will need to have her dad sign a 1229 form. I have a feeling he will throw a spanner in the works and refuse to consent meaning I will have to go down the route of mediation and maybe even court. Which from what I have read is a long winded process and the court wont always grant permission. She is 4 and there has been no contact at all in the over 2 years now so I wont be taking her away from a bonded relationship. We were at court previously for contact but daughter didn't take well to it so judge granted indirect contact which her father has never followed as no contact has been attempted. I am hoping someone could advise on what I will need to present to the court to prove moving is in the childs best interest? I am aware I will have to show I am willing to allow contact to take place via skype/phonecalls/emails etc. It would be great to get an insight into others who have experienced the court process as I really have no idea what to expect. I would really appreciate any guidance on what to include!
  2. I thought you only needed to get a Statutory Declaration from any non migrating parents and that the migrating biological parents only have to complete the form 1229. Is this right? I am about to send off all the certified docs and the application form/police checks but have now read some people did a Statutory Declaration as well as form 1229... I am just worried if I send off the paperwork and then Case Officer comes back and says we need Stat Dec too. Anyone else apply for Child Visa 101 with only the form 1229? Thanks
  3. Guest

    Form 1229 & 457 Visa

    Hi all, We are a family of 5 from Ireland going through the Visa process currently for Sydney. I have been offered a good job with promotional prospects and my partner will have the opportunity to work full-time, which is not something that we can do here in Ireland anymore. I have completed all the documentation for this Visa (which took months to collate all the info for 5) I have an agent working on behalf of my employer to bring us through the Visa process, he sent all the documentation through last week and the "system" bounced back to say they need us to get the Form 1229 completed by my sons father, I am the sole Guardian for my son and I dont get on very well with his dad, its unlikely he will sign this form. (In Ireland the mother is automatically Guardian, the father has to apply for this. my son is 11 years old now and the father has never looked for this) I have sent through an affadavit (sworn) to say I am the sole guardian yesterday. No news yet, Has anyone out there gone through this situation and what was the outcome? I am really anxious! We are planning this move since Jan. !!!! We really need this opportunity. I cant provide anything more for my kids here in Ireland! Any feedback would be very greatful! Regards
  4. Just wondered if anyone can help me please. I have a son from a previous relationship and have asked for permission from my ex to take my son to live in Australia permantly which he has agreed. However he wouldnt sign a stat dec, he said it wasnt worth the paper its written on hahaha WHAT!!! :wacko: but strangely agreed and has signed a 1229 form which I believe is the parental consent form for the above. What I would like to know is this sufficient or do I need a stat dec as well?? Any help would be greatly appreciated and also does anyone have a stat dec template for consent.