Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'visas'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Working and Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Visitor Visas
    • Studying and Training Visas
    • Other Visas
    • Repealed and Closed Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Citizenship
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 502 results

  1. LauraJaneLJ

    Need some advice please

    Hi all, my name is Laura from Scotland. I hope someone can help me with this. I am currently on the working holiday 417 visa and I am now into my 7th month here in Canberra. I have been lucky and have found a job working for a trucking company which is part of Volvo as a sales/service advisor. By the time my visa comes to an end in May I will have worked for the company for 5 months. They have said they will sponsor me however I cannot see the job role within the skill select area on the Immi.gov website. Does this mean I cannot get sponsored even if the company is willing to? I am so confused by all of this. Any advice from someone who has been sponsored or has any information would be greatly appreciated.
  2. I am 49, have experience in military avionics systems, telecommunications network management, IT support, renewables - G83 (residential) and G59 (larger systems) testing trained and 17th ed. electrical qualified. I am looking to continue in one of these fields. My wife is older and is a Social Work assistant and involved in PAMS assessments, Play Therapy and Triple P (an Aussie invention I believe) and experience in Autism. We have family (citizens & residents) in Sydney and Brisbane and have been looking to move to Australia to be nearer family. We have visited several times over many years and are looking for a permanent move, preferably to Sydney but anywhere would be considered. Past communications with various agencies appeared to indicate that I would not gain sufficient points required for a Skilled visa and have been looking for business sponsorship. I understand this may be difficult but based on my CV have been offered visa sponsorship from a visa agent on the understanding I require a suitable employment. Does anybody now how best to progress this as companies still appear to want residency or visas, or would it be possible to get regional sponsorship?
  3. So, I've read a similar thread starter to this several times. Like it says on the tin, my 16 yr old son refuses to come and says he has arranged to live with his 15 year old girlfriend and her family we leave. My god I am in pieces. He left school this year and has spent more time with them than with us since then. He is at college and has no job or means of income. To be honest, he never has been that keen, but we got his visa anyway and crossed our fingers. Now our dream is in ruins because there is no way on earth I can even consider leaving my child here on his own. We have family here, but we aren't close emotionally (albeit geographically quite close). Today I had the conversation that I have been putting off for a while now. I've been trying to avoid backing him into a corner where he would actually say "NO" and then feel that he can't back down. I wanted to leave him room to manouvre and change his mind without having to admit to it. He sat there trying to be all hard and said "well you are the ones who are f..ing off over the over side of the world and leaving me on my own" he sounded so lost and young. I told him that I had never thought it would come to this. I always thought he would come. It never occurred to me that he wouldn't. We have another son of 14 who is keen and had hoped to get over before January so he could start his final years of school over in WA. Well that's not going to happen is it? So three of us do want to go and the other one is stamping his feet. Ok, why should he have to do something he doesn't want to? But why the hell should we have to give up our hopes? Dammit, he hasn't even given it a chance. We wanted to do this for their flippin benefit as well as ours. Why wont he try it for a few months and see if he might actually like it? So now we've sort of decided that if we do get a buyer we will sell our house and downsize to a smaller one, maybe a fixer upper and free off much of our capital, so that when we are in a position to leave we wont have to wait for a buyer again. When second son finishes his high school education in two years we will look at it again and see what position number one Son is in. By then he will be nearly 19. Still not old enough to be left alone but maybe not so much of a child and he may have grown a little by then and have come to the same conclusions that we have about the prospects in England versus Aus. If not - well, he will be an adult and will have to make his own decision and still have another couple of years before the five are up.
  4. Guest

    Aged Parents and Bridging Visas

    My partner of 20 years and I are considering migrating to Australia to be with my daughter and her family. We have looked at the Contributory Parental Visa and its (at the current rate) almost £50,000 cost for both. We don't really want to wait for the Non-Contributory visa to come through and have been looking at the Onshore Aged Parental Visa and Bridging Visa as an option. It is not that £50,000 is out of the question, but it is the balance between a reasonably secure settlement in Oz and a perhaps worrisome one. I am 65, my partner 55, my daughter is my only child. He has none of his own. Can any tell me if this might be a reasonable strategy, if I have missed anything, and any opinion on the pros and cons as it were. We sell up, house and all, and take steps to transfer monies to Australia. We 'go on holiday; to stay with family for a projected two months (lets say). While onshore in Oz we lodge an application for an Aged Parent 804 (?). Upon doing this we would then get an automatic bridging Visa to tide us over for the years until the 804 is granted. Is that right? Is is that simple? Save the vast majority of the £50,000? Any flaws or things to consider? My partner is is quite good health, as am I. But I am on regular medication for arthritis and I believe the drugs are quite expensive. What might the costs might be like for my medication and health? Would I qualify for the reciprocal care programme and would that include my drugs? Any other pros/cons anyone can think of? Has anyone here done this at all? Thank you in anticipation.
  5. Leen75

    Hi, help and scared!!!

    :biggrin: Hi all, just to fill you in a little....... i met my partner 6 months ago, we've been living together in UK but due to a visa issue, very recently, she has moved back to Oz (she is Australian). I am looking to move out there on a tourist visa so that we can eventually live together for the 12 months and apply for a same sex (de facto?) visa. i cannot go straight away as I have children with my previous partner and we have to deal with all of the legal bull that comes with that!!! I hope to be there in September...... i know I can't work until I get the de facto visa but having read all of the difficulties on here with getting a job.....well put it plainly.....I'm scared! Should I get a police clearance form or is there anything I need, I was hoping to do volunteer work before I get my visa. Luckily my partner has a fairly well paid job but I don't want to be unemployed forever!!! I can't live like that. Here, in the UK, I am in office management/project co-ordination/PA and on job sites the jobs seem plentiful but everyone seems of the impression that foreigners can't get work Also any advice for visitation rights for children when the non custodial parent emigrates...... I have PR and I am the children's 'other mother' and I have shared residence here.....anyway any advice, positive or negative, is gratefully received!! i was so excited before I started reading the horror stories!!! Thanks in advance xxx
  6. Hello, Could somebody please clarify whether i can apply for PR whilst on a 457 business class ( 4 years)?? Talking to work colleagues, they say i can, and it goes on points. I have applied for E.O.I ( expression of interest) on line, but would i be best to apply straight ( thats if i can ??). I really would be grateful of your advise/guidance!! I am a nurse, 7 years experience ( but 20 years altogether in the field), irish, my partner is 41 and has 20 years as a carpenter, is from wales. Any info welcomed, Gx
  7. Hi! I'm hoping to move to Australia with my Husband (hopefully by autumn 2013) to work as a nurse in Victoria. I've just started to look into visas and job vacancies and, perhaps it's just me, but I'm getting so confused with the whole process! I am probably going to apply for the Temporary Work (skilled)(subclass 457) visa. I'm trying to figure out the best ways of finding job in Australia, and a suitable employer to sponsor me. So I've joined this forum to chat with other nurses/skilled workers who may be able to advise and give me tips on moving to Oz. Thank You :biggrin:
  8. JimAndShelleySydney

    Hello PomsInOz, here's our experience...

    First off, apologies for what will surely be a long post. I've occasionally lurked on this forum and I thought that, before posting for any help/advice- I should reciprocate by posting about my experiences. Also, apologies to the moderators if this was posted to the wrong part of the forum! I'm a 30 year old who has been living in Sydney (Manly) for the last 6 weeks with my girlfriend. Below is a run down on my experiences with flights, visas, properties, work etc. These are just our opinions, everyone's circumstances are different and what worked for us, might not be suitable for you. Background We have been lucky enough to have go on holiday to Australia previously when visiting family & friends. We have always enjoyed our time in Australia, but new that there is a big difference between holidaying in Australia and living there. Our social network spreads from Adelaide up to Brisbane, however we have chosen Sydney as our base to be central to everyone. We also are big fans of the harbour lifestyle and it's climate. Another plus, is that being one of Australia's largest cities- we felt it would be the best place to find work (I work in I.T. and Shelley works as an Office Administrator). Visas Let's start with visas as without them, you won't leave the airport. We made our first steps into this decision by going to the Australian immigration website. They have a handy tool which helps point you in the right direction. http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/ I would recommend going here first, as no matter what advice you receive elsewhere- laws & regulations change and the first place to outline these will be by the government. As for of immigration agents, it's entirely up to you whether you choose to use such a company. But it's worthwhile noting two important things: it is not mandatory to use an agent and most importantly, companies can advertise themselves as "immigration specialists" but are not regulated if they operate outside of Australia. They can opt-in to the regulatory body that monitors these agencies- a full comprehensive list of registered companies can be found on the website for the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). If you choose to use a migration agent, you should use a registered migration agent. https://www.mara.gov.au/agent/ARSearch.aspx?FolderID=394 For us, being under 31 years means that we were able to apply for the 417 Working Holiday Visa (WHV). This entitles us to stay for 12 months and extend for another 12 months (if you meet the age & work criteria). For us it was the quickest and cheapest visa to apply for to first sample the Australian lifestyle. Finance As well as applying for your visa whilst still in the UK, you can also open up and transfer money into an Australian bank account. We used Commonwealth Bank as it was recommended by friends of ours who had moved to Australia in recent years. We are glad we followed their advice, not only were they really helpful in setting up bank accounts & money transfers- but they also hold regular 'Open Days' where they have guests from immigration agents, banking professionals, moving specialists, recruitment agencies and representatives from various Australian states. All free and no strong-arm obligation tactics- we were certainly impressed! http://www.commbank.com.au/ The Australian banks work differently to the UK, one of these differences is the charges imposed on the customer for using a competitors ATM machines. Always try to use you own banks cash machines (some banks have a stronger presence in certain states). Another option is to draw cash back out when you are paying for your groceries. Flights So getting to Australia will require a long haul flight for most of us. There are a few of things to consider when booking this. Stopovers - some people prefer to break their journey up by stopping over a couple of nights- normally somewhere in Asia. Airlines don't usually charge extra for this stopover but you will of course have to pay extra to stay in hotels and possibly apply for visas (such as Dubai). In our case- we choose to travel straight through, we had connecting flights from London to Sydney via Dubai & Bangkok. This gave us three flights of 6, 7, & 8 hours with a couple of hours rest in between which made the journey more manageable. When choosing your airline - for long haul flights, we need to be as comfortable as possible and not all of us can afford first class tickets. Their is a common misconception that the key element is leg room, but the actual official measurement is called 'Seat Pitch'. More seat pitch can mean more legroom, but it is also affected by the thickness of the seat back and other factors. http://www.uk-air.net/ There are links to various sites that keep up-to-date measurements of all the major airlines. We choose Emirates and were not disappointed- as well as comfortable economy seats, they also have an extensive entertainment system built into the head rest which has films, TV shows, radio, games & music to select from. The meal selection was also impressive as Shelley is a vegetarian and they cater for all dietary requirements from kosher, vegan, lactose. Once you have booked your flights- some airlines allow you to book your specific seats on-line (such as Emirates). To ensure you make the best choice- you could use 'SeatGuru' which shows you the layout of any aircraft (once you've entered your light number) and shows you which seats are near the doors (for extra, free legroom), have disabled seats, near the toilets, window/aisle. https://www.seatguru.com/ When picking your flight, it might be worthwhile choosing a midweek flight as they tend to be less full. On our final leg of our journey- there were entire rows empty which allowed us to lay down and enjoy some decent sleep. Property We have chosen to rent a property whilst living here, if we want to stay indefinitely we may look to buy. But for now, we are renting- and what an experience that was! I wouldn't recommend securing a property whilst still in the UK, no online research will compare to being able to physically view the property and get an idea of amenities, transport links, noise pollution, location of schools etc. That doesn't mean that you can't check for desired areas and get a feel for rental costs. Below are a couple of the most popular property websites used in Australia by most Estate Agents. http://www.realestate.com.au/ http://www.domain.com.au/ If you have never been to Australia previously, it is important to do your homework when picking your city. There are also plenty of forums on the internet and even more Aussies strategically placed around the world who can provide great inside knowledge. Australians tend to be very loyal to their hometown and the can be disparaging to other cities, so bear that it mind when they give you their opinions. CityHobo - Find the best suburb neighbourhood to suit your lifestyle and budget. http://www.cityhobo.com.au/ Local Voices - handy ranking of many of the neighbourhoods in Australian cities http://localvoices.realestate.com.au/?pid=streetadvisorhp We have opted for Sydney, namely Manly as it was central for friends and family spread from South Australia to Queensland. Also, with Sydney being a major city- we hope to find work more easily then an outback town. With Sydney being one of the largest harbour cities in the world, they use the water very well and have an excellent ferry system. The main port being Circular Quay which is nestled between Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Sydney Opera House- so a great way to do some site seeing on your daily commute! Many Australian's find Sydney to be a bit of an obstacle- with it's traffic and people (it is the most populous city in Australia). But compared to London (my hometown) or New York, it still maintains the laid-back lifestyle that Australia is famous for. The rental market out here is pressurised to say the least, as demand exceeds supply the real estate agents hold all of the power. In fact, unlike the UK where viewings are done by appointment, the Australian markets mostly has viewings on a Wednesday or Saturday- and for only 15 minutes. So it can be quite a scene witnessing 10+ people traipsing around a small one bedroom flat (or 'unit' as they are called here). You also subconsciously start sizing up the possible competition for the unit, should you want it. It is always a fun site watching the 'viewing ballet'- you open a cupboard, they open a cupboard. You walk into the kitchen, they walk into the kitchen. You ask the estate agent a question, the sneaky b**tards sneak up to steal your precious information. A couple of useful bits of information- get organised! Have copies of your visa, payslips, references- everything & anything, the more the better. You would be surprised how many people turn up with just good intentions and expect to be handed a set of keys. The more information you have to hand shows the estate agent how committed you are, and although it is ultimately the owner's decision who gets the property- it is based on the recommendation of the agent. For properties close to the beach, remember that the owner would prefer having a tenant for the entire year. So if you are going to offer a 6 month lease, prepare to be disappointed, as a 12 month application will trump any other application. The whole rental application process can be an emotional rollercoaster, you can find properties on the web but find them to look nothing like their pictures (a bit like internet dating, apparently). We ended up having 'backup' neighbourhoods, just in case we were unsuccessful in finding a place in our first choice area. Luckily this wasn't the case as we were able to find a place that ticked all of our boxes and was inside our budget. In fact, after speaking to our friends- they said we were very lucky to find a place on that budget and get approved so quickly- so we consider ourselves very fortunate indeed!! But that good fortune was aided by the amount of organisation & planning we did. Work Beginning the process of job hunting is something that you can do whilst still in the UK. You can get an idea of the demand for jobs in your profession by viewing some of the popular job sites. http://www.seek.com.au These sites will also give you an idea of the rates/salary ranges that you can expect, which can differ from state to state. Don't fall into the trap of being amazed by the high salaries in Australia as these can be offset by the higher cost of living that you will experience. One useful tip, regularly update your profile on these sites- even it you are not actually changing anything. As companies & agencies will review candidates that have the most up-to-date profiles (as they assume that a profile that hasn't changed in months is someone who now has a job). Also, it might be worth signing up to various recruitment agencies as they may be a preferred partner for certain companies. Plus, it helps to have other people looking for work for you. Remember though, that recruitment agencies will try to get you a job and then try and get you there for the lowest wage (as it would eat into their commission). If you have the luxury of patience- don't be pushed into accepting a lower rate. Shopping As I mentioned before, the cost of living out here is expensive- if you are not a snob and are living to a budget, you can save heaps by going to some of the big stores like Target, Big W & K-Mart. These have home ware, clothing and electrical sections and can offer big savings. Alternatively, keep an idea out for the department stores like Myer & David Jones for their sales (I picked up a $800 suit for $200). There is also internet shopping with the normal sites and discount offer sites like http://www.cudo.com.au. Internet While we are still waiting to get the internet set up in our unit, a web site that was incredibly helpful was http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/ This forum has many user stories and industry professionals offering their experience and advice. Tax Tax! Don't forget to apply for your tax file number (TFN) otherwise any earnings & savings you have will get taxed and an extraordinary high rate! You will need to have a residential address prior to applying. It is quicker (apparently) to apply online then it is via post or visiting a tax office. http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/content.aspx?doc=/content/38760.htm Health Australia has reciprocal health care agreements with various countries, including the UK. However, you *MUST* apply for this!! Go to a Medicare centre and apply (bring your passport & visas) and they will process your application, it's free of charge and while you waiting 1-2 weeks for your Medicare card to be sent- they will provide you with a reference receipt which will cover you while you wait for the card to be delivered. That's about it, I'm sure I've probably missed some bits- but feel free to ask. I hope this has helped, and good luck with your own adventure!! Jim
  9. Extending working holiday visas so backpackers can stay and work longer in agricultural jobs could make a difference to the chronic labour shortages facing Australia’s farming and rural sectors.Currently, backpackers under the age of 30 can visit Australia for 12 months under 417 visas where they are permitted to work six months of that time to help supplement their holidays. The time-frame can be extended to 24 months if the backpackers work in regional areas for three months, while using their first visa. Australia has reciprocal working holiday visa arrangements with the UK, Ireland, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Italy, Malta, Cyprus, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Korea. Working holiday arrangements under the 462 visa classification also exist between Australia and Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Bangladesh, Turkey, Chile and the US - encouraging cultural exchanges and closer ties. However, when those visas expire, rural employers often face the conundrum of having to let good workers go, having trained them and developed solid working rapports - even with a local labour shortage. They can apply for a 457 visa which allows businesses to employ non-Australians under sponsorship arrangements, to fill voids in certain skill sectors. Under those rules, workers can spend four years employed in an Australian business, bring family with them and travel to and from the country freely. The workers must be sponsored by an employer and have certain skills, qualifications, experience, and an employment background, matching the position’s requirements. They must also demonstrate a certain level of competence in speaking English; be eligible for any relevant licences or registrations required for the nominated position; and have health insurance. AgriLabour Australia business development manager Luke Brown said extending 417 and 462 working holiday visas, by as little as 12 months, would make an immediate difference to help relieve the massive workforce shortages in rural and farming areas.
  10. hey, im 20 and ive been talking to this Australian guy online and he wants me to move there and be with him which i want to do but i have no idea how to go about it like what visa and stuff i need. any info is helpful thanks shaunagh
  11. Guest

    Moving to Oz

    Hi I'm a qualified bricklayer aged 33 have 15 years experience been over to oz on holiday and would like to move out. What Visa should I apply for and what states have the most building work on the go... Any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you.. Steven
  12. Hey all, My company (GlobalForce Resource) are looking to place mechanics with either construction, mining, HGV or auto dealership experience for positions across different regions in Australia. We have approximately 100 positions that need to be filled right now so if you are interested we would be happy to speak to you about the various roles and contracts, pm me for more info or email carol@globalforceresource.com . *Note that our clients will provide visas to placed candidates as well as assistance to the families should they decide to relocate. Thanks again GlobalTrotter x
  13. scootbennett

    Heard of Global Visas?

    Hi all, I'm just about to start my application, and have been discussing it with a a company called Global Visas, I was just wondering if anybody has delt with them before, or has heard anything about them? Or if you guys and gals have any highly recomended agents that I should contact? Theres sooo many, it's who do you choose! Thank you! Scotty
  14. Hi All, I'm still in the process of filling in the online form for a GSM sc175 and I'm stuck on the question "Have you been to Australia......" The problem is that all my family have been at least once but we went on an ETA - the last time was Feb 2010. There doesn't seem to be an option for this as it seems to ask about proper visas - If I select 'Other' then it still wants a place of issue? We haven't got any details of the ETA either. Also my wife even had a Working Visa back in 1987, but can't remember where it was issued from.... My question is do I just say that 'No' we haven't been to Australia? I obviously don't want to lie but saying yes means that I can't complete the form without completing information I don't know!? Can anyone who has filled the form in help me please?
  15. My husband has finished Medical School ( 6 years ) + a Specialist study of 4 years ( Gynecologist ). In order to be eligible for a Registration , he needs 5 years of training, but he only has 4, so I think he will need to apply as a GP only. We know that a first step is taking the AMC test. Has anyone had similar experiences ? We would come to Oz on a 457 visa, we heard that doctors are needed. Do you have any advice ? Can you recommend any employment agency ? I am also eligible for a 457 visa, but the main issue is that he needs to be registered as a doctor, because he could come on my teacher`s visa, but he needs to work in his profession. Please help, any advice is welcomed, as well as experiences. I see that a lot of nurses are posting here, but I did not find any doctor`s experiences. Thanks a lot :smile:
  16. A Biometric Services Platform and user interface application will be used to verify the identify of those taking the Cambridge Advanced English Exam in an attempt to eliminate exam fraud. The biometric verification solution based on the COTS Biometric Services Platform and user interface development services are supplied by Aware, a global provider of biometrics and medical imaging software. The advanced solution will form the basis of Identica, which is part of Cambridge Assessment's exam fraud prevention services. Thanks to the Identica system, proctors can now easily capture ISO-compliant facial images of candidates upon their arrival at the test centre. Organisations can then use these images when they want to verify whether a specific candidate presenting a certificate is really the candidate who took the test. An upgraded system can also support further biometric modalities including fingerprints. Identica will be used for the first time by University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations for its Cambridge English Advanced test, one of the English language tests that are accepted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for student visa applications. "We launched Identica to enhance the security of our exams, which are widely used for immigration and citizenship, higher education and business, and need the highest levels of integrity," Sarah Corcoran, Director at Cambridge Assessment stated. Cambridge ESOL test centers all over the world have started to use the service and it is expected to be used in over 130 countries by the end of 2011.
  17. Hi all, My dad has just booked to come out to visit us in Adelaide next week through a travel agent in the UK. I don't know the full story but when it came to applying for his tourist visa online, they could not complete it because on his passport my dad is listed as being a British Subject and not a British Citizen (he was born in Ireland). He is going back to visit the agent today to see if they can help him further with this, although a visit to the Consulate in London may be in order. My question is has anyone on here had a similar issue and was it a problem in obtaining a visa? The brief research that i have done indicates that there are two types of tourist visa; a subclass 671 which is the ETA that most people will get and then there is a subclass 676 which is a more comprehensive application. Thanks for the help in advance. Rich.
  18. lauradarlin

    Working Visas

    Hi all I'm new to PIO and looking at heading to Oz on a years working visa in July/August 2012. Can anyone offer any advice on the types of things I'll need to consider? I'm hoping to be able to spend a decent amount of time in each place I stay as I've already done some travelling around on a normal holiday visa this year. I've come across conflicting info about how long you're allowed to work for each employer on this visa (3 or 6 mnths). Also, I know nothing about the Australian equivalents of things such as tax, NI, NHS, driving licences, renting property, bank accounts etc so any advice on where to get started with my research would be fab! thanks
  19. Hi Everyone, I was just wondering if anyone had applied/been granted a spouse visa from New Zealand recently? I submitted my PMV in Auckland a couple of weeks ago and have just received their confirmation letter stating that current processing is 6-12 months!!! I know processing isn't a quick as it used to be, but this still seems quite long! (I'm British if that makes a difference) If anyone had been granted one quicker than this recently I would love to hear from you as I'm completly gutted right now :-(
  20. zara283

    457 visas

    Hi there My partner & I have a question about the 457 visa. We are applying next year but what we want to know is, once our visa is granted do we have a deadline to meet i.e. do we get given say two months to move I would appreciate if anyone can help:biggrin:
  21. I've asked a question here regarding using Australian healthcare with an ETA, so maybe it should have been under "Migration" in the first place: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/flights-holidays/131658-eta-medical-conditions-under-control.html (Apologies if I'm not supposed to "double post" like this, just let me know and I won't do it again)
  22. tinkerbell13


    Omg visas granted today. Starting to plan validation trip already.
  23. How do you decide when to move? Is it when you find a job from overseas, or do you just save money and then decide to make the leap? I am wondering which is the wisest thing to do first (assuming I get the visa): Is it better to look for employment from overseas or just go and look from there? I know it's better to go and then look for a job while in Oz, but what if one actually gets there and then they can't find anything? Or is this type of problem unusual?
  24. I'm playing the waiting game like many of you and want to try and be one step ahead of the case officer to speed up my grant, hopefully this post can help others too with their applications. I received the March 18 email and sent in my meds/PCC months ahead of receiving a case officer - putting in your meds/PCC before your CO is allocated definitely saves time, but finding the right time can be tricky. Employer payslips and bank statements proving deposits are something I missed, but sent them in hours ago before my CO likely would have requested them. Did most others do this with your apps? What have your experiences been, what do the CO usually ask for?
  25. bry45

    Parent, Visas,

    Hi all, im new to this and wanted some advice if there is any on the possibility of my son sponsoring his parents. i am 45 and a self employed carpenter, but without the qualifications, i can get them on a fast track because of my experience. any hints and tips would be great. If you can help, great. Thanks Bry