Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'required'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 374 results

  1. We have our medicals booked for July. The company sponsoring us states that they will send us a TRN for starting the 457 application process once medical reports and police reports have been received.:policeman: However, the company doing the medicals seem to think that we should already have a TRN prior to medical examination. Does anyone know which is correct? Also, can you purchase a house within the first two years (if settled) when on a 457 visa? we're really not sure how this works! Many thanks guys. :wink:
  2. Guest

    help required

    Just wondered if someone could give any advice. We would love to emigrate to Brisbane and are just wondering where to begin and what our chance would be. Hubby is a Bespoke decking builder/joiner but doesnt have qualification papers although he has been self employed doing this kind of work for over 12 years. I dont have any major skills as I have been a 'Mum' forever lol but do work part time in a school cleaning. Hubby is 44 and Im 45. No dependant children as such. Do you think we would be wasting our time applying. Have distant family in Oz as my Grandfather was a £10 Pom in the 60's but has sadly passed away now. Any help greatly received.
  3. Hi, I have uploaded all documents required 10 days before but still my online status shows as "Required" for all the documents. :arghh: Any one with same experience??? Thanks, Horizone
  4. Hi, Can anone out there tell me what documentation you need to get a rental in Perth? We have no rental history as have always been home owners with a mortgage. We as yet have no Australian proof of income, will this be a problem? We getting a file together with the necessary documents so we are ready when we arrive there. thanks in advance for any information.
  5. tracy123

    Mechanic Required

    Hi All I have a 308 that needs reconditioning and I figured that there maybe someone on PIO looking for a bit of spare cash who can do the work? I live in the Western suburbs of Melbourne but I can take the car to where ever (well within reason) or the work can be done in my garage? I'll need the work done in a resonable amount of time Anyone interested can PM me with their number or leave a msg on this thread Cheers in advance Geoffrey
  6. Hi all , i just want one information regarding 475 visa. My friend" " is on 475 visa. he got his visa approved in 2010 and he stayed in Australia for 6 months now he is back. His visa expiry date is 2013. He knows that to get PR he has to live in Aus for 2 years atleast and has to work at tfn for 1 year. But due to some reasons he may not go for next 18-20 months (1.5 yr - 2 yrs). and after that if he will go, Can he get visa extension because he may not having much time to fullfil his 2 yr condition? if yes How he would apply for this? Should he has to apply for new visa or which visa type he has to apply? If there is provision of extension then how much time he will get extension on his visa? Please answer some of these questions. and also give some suggestions regarding his case if he do this? Thanks for helping my friend. Sagar
  7. Commercial Recruitment Consultant - Melbourne City Strong business development focus Established and successful branch This is your opportunity to make name for yourself in the recruitment indus The Adecco Group is the global leader in HR solutions. We are a Fortune 500 company with over 28,000 employees and 5,700 offices, in more than 60 countries and territories. In Australia, Adecco places 8,000 temporary employees with more than approximately 3,000 clients throughout Australia. Our Melbourne City branch is currently looking for an experienced Commercial Recruitment Consultant to join the team. The Adecco Melbourne City team is definitely one you will want to be part of; they are experts in delivering First Class customer service and recruitment solutions to a number of key industrial and commercial clients located in the Melbourne CBD and surrounding regions. Working in a team of successful temporary and permanent recruitment consultants you will be focusing on maintaining and developing commercial temporary business in the CBD region. This role would suit someone who is: A proven Recruitment Industry professional A natural sales person who has the ability to network and build strong relationships Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call Passionate about delivering results, due to their successful background in meeting and exceeding KPI's; A real "people person" who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment; Mature-minded and has a responsible & caring approach to candidates and clients, giving them 5-star service at all times In return, you will be rewarded with: A fun & challenging role, that will be both demanding and rewarding A great company culture with inspirational leaders & mentors On the job training & support, with established resources in HR, IR, Marketing, OH&S, Legal, Marketing & Operations Teams Career progression & unparalleled career opportunities, both in Australia and overseas Excellent salary, bonus structure and employee benefits Please PM for details to apply.
  8. Hello people Recently relocated from Scotland (9 weeks!) we are looking for some friends male or female for our 12 year old daughter. We are looking at getting her enrolled into Cromer High School. Anyone on the site got kids there?? We are Dee Why based.. Love to hear from people here or people on their way here!
  9. Hi, I am having a profile of an IT professional with almost 6 years of work experience.Out of that 6 years 2 years and 10 months of experience was in testing and rest of experience is in design, development and analysis. I applied for ACS and got the +ve assessment in 2010 March as a computing tester.But I was n't able to apply for PR.Now when I tried to go for PR, I came to know that I again have tpo get the ACS assessment. But my consultant said that the testers are not getting PR for Australia now as they are denying testers in ACS skill assessment.Although out of 6 years only 2years 1o onths is in testing. Someone could please let me know if this is an issue or could I reapply with my current profile for ACS asessment. Thanks
  10. Hi, Need an advice on 457 visa please. we are currently in Brisbane under my husbands 457 visa, but under this type of visa you can not be able to do your own business unless you invest in about 1.5 million Oz dollars.. which is very redicullous amount. anyway, under this visa you have to be employed atleast 2 years before applying for residancy which will be no guarantie that you get it. I have a question for the people whom actually been here or prepering to come here under 457 does actually know the issue with this visa?? Clearly we didn't do enough research before head-on to OZ eventhough the visa itself says "4 years temp business ". Is there anyway of geting round this? any other way to apply for a residancy? or make your situation bit more stable ? please advice. Hattie
  11. Hi, Could someone please help and suggest me a good consultant to take care of my Australian PR.I am living in Gurgaon and looking for a consultant in NCR. I have come across a few like Y Axis and Canam but doesnt seems to be good enough. Thanks
  12. It looks like it has been decided that IELTS is not required for me to get registered with AHPRA as my secondry and uni education was in english, so was planning to do that first. I have been speaking with some hospitals and they are talking about 457 or ENS visa sponsorship. I know that for a 457 visa i won't need to do IELTS or skills assessment, but would i need to get them if i am offered an ofshore ENS visa? what about if i went over on 457 and then got sponsorship for a PR visa, would the fact i am registered and working in Oz be enough or would i then have to start taking IELTS and doing skills assessments? thanks
  13. Hi there, We're moving to Sydney from the UK at the end of May. I'd like to know does anyone have any furniture to sell, or are moving back to the UK and has a package of furniture to sell? Looking for pretty much anything really; sofas, beds, chest of drawers, TV, dining table and chairs, fridge/ freezer, highchair, kids stuff. We're also in need of a car - preferably people carrier type as we have 3 kids. Thanks for looking and hope you can help Lynne
  14. Eircom Electrical & Data (EED) Pty Ltd is a leading electrical and data company within Western Australia having divisions in Perth, Kalgoorlie and the Pilbara We are looking for qualifiied A Grade WA Electricians to work in each of our divisions. EEDPerth based in Canning Vale. This division specialises in commercial and industrial installations and maintenance work for major clients within the Perth area. EEDPilbara requires 'FIFO' (fly in fly out) staff with mine site experience for shutdowns and project works. EEDKalgoorlie. This division specalises in commerical, industrial and mine site maintenance within the Kalgoorlie district. These positions are residential to Kalgoorlie and not FIFO. All these divisions require unrestricted WA driving licences, medicals and drug and alcohol tests. You will also require White Card and preferable but not essential EWP, Working at Heights, HV Licence, Communication Licence. If you are interested please forward your resume to hr@eircom.com.au web: www.eircom.com.au
  15. Hi guys, we are moving out to Perth mid June and are currently looking for a short term rental property until we find our feet. 4-6 weeks would be idea.. We are a family of four me, wifey,daughter 13 and son 9.. Looking for somewhere clean and tidy in ocean reef vicinity so if anyone can help us out it would be much appreciated.. Cheers John
  16. Guest

    Visa/Agent information required

    My Parter a I are hoping to emigrate over to ideally Sydney/NSW and need some advice or any recommended agents in which to process the applications. I was advised of australian migrate associates in manchester, but dont not think they exist anymore as phone does not connect. My partner is a mechanical technician and does building maintenance. I would be grateful if anyone could provide some helpful information:biggrin:
  17. Good day everyone, i have some questions regarding application for 175 visa (australian PR). i m 30 yrs of age, i have 7.5 ilelts band... more than 7 in each. i have my qualification and exp. assessed successfully with ACS last week (as business analyst). i m already in Australia on student spouse visa, while my wife is a student of master program, i m full time working.(current in Adelaide) i have following questions to ask : 1. first and most stupid question may be : does it make any difference in terms of processing time if i lodge my application with any migration agent. doest it get faster with the agent ??? i have heard that those who have their application lodged with an agent , they get visa much quicker.may be in less than six months. please correct me if i m ill informed or misguided. 2. if i apply for state sponsorship in NT and get 176 visa , later on if either me or my wife gets job in some other state , can we move to other state in 176 visa before 2 years, if yes , then how and what would be the repercussions of it. 3. my wife is pregnant at the moment and our baby is due in first week of june 2011, if i lodge my application now, then how can i add my baby now or before visa grant , coz i have heard that it will cost me more if i do not apply for my baby now. 4. i have my single parent mother back in my country, can i add her in my application as dependent , if yes then how ? please also tell me , *if this could delay application processing. *how much it cost me to add her as dependent. 5. do i have to get federal police check before lodging the application ? 6. my wife is 27 yrs of age and she has valid ielts of 7.5 bands in academic, can i claim 5 points for partner skills ??? as per www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/eligibility-partner.htm i hope u will take some time out to address my questions. i shall be grateful to you. regards zain
  18. Hi, my hubby is applying for a Spouse Visa and was hoping there may be someone who has already had this granted who may offer some assistance. Firstly, the statements from ourselves - does 1 page each seem reasonable? (or are they looking for a detailed saga of our lives together) In respect of supporting docs, I have found the following items in our joint names. Is there any guidelines on how many docs you should send? - Home Insurance policy in joint names - Council tax bill in joint names - Rental agreement in joint names - Water bill in joint names - My old super fund statement, showing hubby's name as beneficiary - Private health insurance in joint names I am not in the habit of retaining old documents so all these are recent, do you think this matters? We have been together for about 8.5 years. Thanks for your help! I do love this forum - wish they had an Australian equivalent when I was trying to get my UK visa! :biggrin:
  19. DEar friends would appreciate if some could provide me with the cellular and ISP market information: - which type of Documents are required to buy and activate the SIM - How many popular ISPs, GSM and CDMA operators existis in Victoria - which one of them is a SMP (significant market payer as per their number of subs), because that will be more beneficial to utilize the free minutes promotions provided for on-net calls - Are there any hidden charges - what is the minimum top-up amount - Mode of charging, is it CPP (Calling party pays) OR sub has to pay for both incomming and outgoing calls - Are the mobile operators charge Romming charges between states - if there is no balance (funds) availabe in the account does the incoming and GPRS also stops - If I have a mobile set available with me can I buy SIM only - Is there balance transfer facility avaiable from sub to sub - Is there emergency balance available (if there is no balance in the account is there a facility provided by the operator that sub can make a 1 or 2 min call on a specific number Regards, Wasif Saleem
  20. Wolla Bolla Bing Bong

    Carpenter Licence's required to work in Oz?

    Hi, I have been searching around and it looks like us Carpenters and I guess other trades, will have to apply and purchase licence's, which allow us to work on site and be recognised. I thought the who har of completing the Vetassess is to show we have recognised qualifications, so why do we have to go through it all again at great expense? :eek: Can anyone shed some light on this please?:confused:
  21. If you are a Forensic Mental Health Nurse looking to relocate to Melbourne Australia, Forensicare currently have vacancies for Grade 2 Mental Health Nurses. Forensicare provides adult Forensic Health Services across Victoria and is responsible for the delivery of effective mental health services to people who have both a mental disorder and a history of criminal offending or who present a serious risk of such behaviour. Melbourne offers a fabulous lifestyle and is a sophisticated capital city located in the state of Victoria. Melbourne is the sporting capital of Australia and home to the Australian Open Tennis, Grand Prix and AFL Grand Final. Melbourne has a staggering choice of restaurants and bars, funky boutiques and cafes, art galleries, spacious parklands and is surrounded by quality wine growing regions. Thomas Embling Hospital is surrounded by parklands and located conveniently on the outskirts of Melbourne’s city centre. Clinical services at Forensicare include the 118 bed Thomas Embling Hospital, a community forensic mental health services and prison based services. We offer staff in-house training, professional development and education opportunities and an extensive orientation program on commencement. Other benefits include 6 weeks annual leave, salary packaging and great opportunities for career advancement. For more information please pm
  22. I have run a few suggestions past my nearest and dearest, but most have been either inflammatory, downright crude, or totally inappropriate for a family forum. So with this in mind I would like suggestions from my fellow PIO'ers on what I can use as a new signature, I am at a loss to come up with any new ones and would welcome any input from my fellow members. I know PIO has certain rules, but let fly for a bit, love me (minimal in number) hate me, or couldn't give a flying fig, let the imagination flow. I can take personal insults, honest, after all this thread is bound to attract some rather, well shall we say 'colourful' language, so come on, give me some ideas. The best one will be used and whilst I can't award a prize, I will be forever in your debt and you never know if I ever meet you I may even give you a 'man' hug. PS. 'Man' hug means totally different things dependent on what sex the winner is,:embarrassed::wubclub:. PS. This is meant to be a laugh, I think we all need one now and again, but as I said, even if you hate me, (you will probably ignore this thread anyway if this is the case,:tongue:) I will take it on the chin, as the actress said to the bishop. Cheers Tony.:wink:
  23. Hi everyone my husband is a mechanical electrical technical engineer, i would be grateful if there is anybody who is in same profession who has applied for a visa to oz to let me know which visa they applied for and what job they put on there skills test assessment because my husband has so much experience in alot of different fields such as domestic, comercial etc etc. Sorry if I have not described it well but I hope you understand what I mean.:embarrassed: thanks in advance KCCM30
  24. Guys, Is there anyone from Singapore who got their Meds done recently from SATA? I have the form 26EH and 160EH downloaded from the DIAC page which has all my details. However SATA is unable to book an appointment if I dont have form 501 and 502. I searched in the DIAC website for this info, no luck. Please advise. Cheers Div:confused:
  25. WeegieDave

    Funds required for WA SS?

    Hello everyone, I am just wondering about funds required for state sponsorship for WA. I will be lodging me application in a few weeks time for WA State sponsorship and somebody has told me that you need to have a certain sum of money in your bank account for you state sponsorship. I have checked this out on the web but can't find any definite answer or sum required. As it stands I dont have particularly much in my acount at this present moment. Could this affect my application for SS? Any help or advise would be appreciated. David