Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'contributory'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 73 results

  1. Nanna

    804 or 864

    We are contemplating entering Australia later this year to be with our children and grandchildren and would like some advice on which visa to apply for . We pass the balance of family test and age tests . Is our application means-tested? We would have reciprocal healthcare but would we have to have private medical? Any advice would be welcome.
  2. There are several requirements that must be satisfied before reasonably considering lodging an application for an Australian parent visa. To help those who might be considering applying for a parent visa they are summarised here. The balance of family test must be satisfied. This requires that at least half of your children live permanently in Australia, or that more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any other country. Those who do not satisfy the balance of family test may be interested in the proposed new temporary Parent visa Applicants must have a sponsoring child who is “settled” in Australia. The subject of settled sponsors is discussed more fully here If applying for a subclass 804 Aged Parent or subclass 864/884 Contributory Aged Parent visa: The main visa applicant must be “aged”, this being the age when you are eligible for an Age Pension in Australia All applicants must be in Australia when the visa application is submitted to the Department of Immigration, and when it is granted If applying for a visa while in Australia a condition 8503 (No Further Stay) must not attach to the visa used to enter Australia. If applying for an offshore visa (subclasses 103, 143 – with a one step visa strategy – and 173 are offshore visas) applicants must be outside Australia when the visa is granted. Sufficient funds to pay the 2nd Visa Application Charges – currently AUD 43,600 per applicant – must also be readily available when a Contributory Parent visa application is approaching finalisation. For some, this will require careful management of the visa application process to ensure liquid funds are to hand at the appropriate time, as the Department of Immigration requires remittance of the 2nd VAC within 28 days of the issuing of the request for payment. Kindly reproduced with the permission from @Alan Collett at Go Matilda
  3. Hi My parents have been granted (feb 17) Visitor visa (subclass 600). They are currently outside Australia. I plan to apply for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) or Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Subclass 864) for them . Visitor Visa has 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY condition which will not allow me to apply for Subclass 884/864 visa when they are onshore and Subclass 884 visa says "You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition." Subclass 864 says "You must be in Australia at the time you apply for this visa. You can only apply if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia. " Does this mean I cannot apply for Subclass 884/864 for my parents at all? Why is that so? They are 69/68 years old and falls under Aged category. Thanks Is my only option under Contributory visa is subclass 173/143 as they can be applied offshore? I think I am looking at 32 Months wait period for 173 if I go that path. Thanks 2nd Question - If I apply for subclass 173, will that cancel their Tourist Visa (subclass 600) How can they come to meet us in Australia while they are waiting for their subclass 173 visa outcome? Thanks Thanks Aman
  4. Looking to submit a CPV 143 but need straight answers to a few Qs - I have read on the UK site also but read & heard contradictory info so any advice from anyone with experience of successfully applying for a CPV would be grateful. 1. Who can certify copies of documents - Heard and read a few different answers. Most will cost so where's best & cheapest. 2. I am visiting Australia soon could they be signed there by a JP and the visa posted there or does it need to be out of the country? 3. Am I correct that the Application needs to be posted to Australia and the Phase 1 cost paid in AUD. 4. What is the approx. total visa cost - There will be 2 adults + 1 child. 5. Approx. how long for visa to be granted.
  5. Hi all, Really looking for help. 2 years ago my children (both under 18) emigrated to Australia with my ex-wife. I am now in a financial position to follow them and move across. I have been reading up on the parent visas (contributory parent visa (temporary) subclass 173) to be exact. What my issue is, is with the sponsorship? As both my children are still under 18 they are not able to sponsor myself and I cant imagine my ex-wife will either. I do have two first cousins who live in Peth, would they be eligible? Has anyone been, or know of anyone, in a situation like this? Dont even know where to begin! Thanks in advance,.
  6. http://www.immi.gov.au/About/Pages/legal/nolcs/20140322-12.aspx http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/visa-application-charges-increased-for-contributory-parent-visas/ Visa Application Charges for CP visas increasing from today (22/03/2014). Best regards.
  7. My parents are soon to apply for the Contributory Parent visa which I understand takes about two years and we are also hoping to bring my brother over as well on a last remaining relative visa. My brother is 33 years old and would not qualify for a visa on his own. We don’t want to leave him on his own in England for long and are just wondering the best option. Does anyone know how long LMR offshore visas are currently taking to process? We understand its several years wait so were wondering what other options we have such as coming over on a 3 month tourist visa or student visa and then applying for an onshore LMR. Are they likely to impose waiver condition 8503 on either of these. Any help would be appreciated
  8. Hello Everybody, I read through the various threads here, and these are so informative! I am very keen on bringing my Mum and Dad over to Australia on a permanent basis. I am a permanent resident here in Adelaide, and am working full time as a Mechanical Engineer. I went through DIAC's website quite thoroughly ( My eyes were actually hurting after all that time staring at the computer screen!) , and I know that there are basically two visas that allow parents to come here on a permanent basis. The first one is the less expensive option (The parent visa), but this takes a ridiculously long time for processing (I think it is 15 years). So I am looking at the Contributory Parent Visa. I understand that this is very expensive, but I am prepared to do whatever it takes. That is the least I could do. I am just wondering if there is anyone who has been through this process for their parents? Just curious about how long it took, anything to look out for, some handy tips to keep in mind etc? Also, I spent a lot of time on the Centrelink website reading about the Assurance of Support. Does anyone know what the "threshold income" for the previous financial year is? I rang Centreink a couple of times, but they gave me different information both times, and said that they could only give me proper information when the visa application has been lodged. I would rather know all the information before I start the process. I have seen so many posts here, and it is my wish that one day very soon, I will be able post right here in this forum that my parents permanent visas have been granted! Thanks to everyone in advance for taking the time to read this and for providing your input. Thanks, Josh.
  9. Guest

    family contributory visa

    Hi, I m australian citizen, i have a brother and 2 sisters in burma which i like to sponsor them through family contributory visa. not sure if possible to sponsor them all at once. or is there any other options??? plz adivce me. thanks in advance. wlsaj
  10. Hi, I am Dean, I'm 33 originally from the midlands, I have been in Oz on and off for the last 10 years, normally on tourist visas( untill they said I had exceeded the number of E.T.A's( my two children are here (5,8y.o.) I am all set to do the contributory parent visa, as it seems to be the only one that fits, I applied 17 months ago and now I have been asked for the assurance of support. The problem is that I have no family except my 2 boys, who live with their Mum ( my ex) and they are under 18 and cannot sponsor me. My ex is the only person who can sign the assurance of support thing. ( she is a nightmare and would not do anything to help me at all) I do not actually need any support as I have just sold my house I bought in Byron Bay with my ex 10 years ago, however someone needs to sign this thing. I have been reading the blurb over and over, the other option is a community based organisation, ethnic group or church based organisation, that has dealings with both me and my children ! Of which there are None!! I have been beating my head against the immigration wall for ever, but I have quite a odd situation where I have no family except my 2 sons here in Oz. A last remaining relative visa doesn't cut it apparently as my children are not 18. The plot has thickened a bit as my new fiancee is 5 months pregnant with twins, and is from Paris, apparently it is going to cost about 70,000 dollars to get us both in permanently, but even that cannot be done without an assurance of support ( that I do not need personally but do need legally!) I am really at the end of my tether and do not know what on earth to do!! Can anyone please help? I have ran my own businesess in the uk but have no formal qualifications, I have a building company who are wanting to know if they can sponsor me ( employee sponsored migration) as they want me to sell for them ( which I do best) does anyone know if this is possible, how long it takes, and if it would include my fiancee too ? I have 28 days to sort out the "assurance of support" or about 2 months to sort out getting sponsored with my fiancee by the building company( who have just done it for another english guy but he is a qualified carpenter) Please please please does anyone have any pointers, Yours sincerely, Dean
  11. Hi every one.I am new to this forum and was hoping for some advice.I want to join my daughter in oz and am thinking of the 173 temp. then applying for permanent once there.does any one have any experience of this?Time scale etc?
  12. Junie1

    contributory parent visa

    I applied for a cpv in January 2011 and am wondering if anyone knows how long the wait is as I will have to think about putting my house up for sale etc
  13. Guys can anyone help me in this..(May be someone from Parent Visa Section).My parents are here on a 1 year Tourist Visa with no further stay condition.We went to DIAC Adelaide and asked them that whether we can apply for their 173 Cpntributory Temp Parent visa onshore? As this is a offshore visa and they have to be outside Australia at the time of decision. My question is can anyone apply for 173 offshore Visa while here on a visa with no further Stay condition?As we are not applying any onshore visa so I think it may be possible?Can any Migration Agent help me in this question? Thanks In Advance Sammi
  14. Hi there, My parents have applied for a Contributory Parents Visa and have just been asked to do their medicals and police checks. I have two questions that I would be really really grateful for any views on: 1) My Dad had a heart valve replacement a year ago. Will this mean he may fail his medical? I guess they will request a specialist report?? Very worried about him failing though he is in perfect health now! 2) What is the timeframe on this visa from the time the medicials and police checks are requested? How long before the HOC will request a report (if they do)? And how long from there till the visa is granted? Thanks SO much to any and all for any views and experiences. N
  15. Guest

    contributory or not?

    Hi, just hoping to get someone else's point of view on our situation. My in-laws came here 4 months ago on a tourist visa as they are helping me out with my eldest child who was diagnosed with High functioning Autism last year and Clinical Depression, and just recently i have had to pull him out of mainstream education and start home schooling, whilst here they visited a migration agent about their options for moving over, the options discussed were the on-shore contributory aged parent visa, which will cost around 55-60 thousand pounds, or the non contributory aged parent visa. Now we have weighed up the pros and cons of these and this is our thoughts; with the contributory parent visa, it is processed much much quicker (12-18 months we are told), they would then hopefully get granted the visa if all goes well and get PR, and then be entitled to medicare etc.....but it is ALOT of money, and they have to sell their house to fund it. But then if they did the non contributory visa, the waiting list as we are told is 20 years at the moment, well without being morbid, they might not be here in 20 years time as they are both 73 now, although a VERY healthy 73. We understand they would never have PR, or be entitled to medicare etc... but they would have private medical insurance anyway, plus they plan on living with us permanently too. We just don't know whether its worth spending such a-lot of money, when they may get it for nothing in 20 years time if they are still healthy. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Jen.
  16. Hi All I am new here, so hello! My hubbie, daughter and I have decided to move to Australia. We are hoping that as my hubbie's job is on the preferred skills list, we should be able to get a permanent residency visa (fingers crossed). The query is about my parents. I am an only child and therefore my parents want to come to Australia with us. My dad is 65 and mum is 67, both in good health and are able to cover the contributory payment. Either hubbie or I will act as their sponsor in Australia, but the issue is timing. I am very close to my parents and want them to come to Australia as soon as possible. I believe usually there has to be a 12-24 month settling in period for the sponsor or family member before they can apply for their family members to have residency. Is there any way that my parents could travel to Australia before this and then apply from Australia for their Contributory Aged Parents Visa (Permament)? Perhaps a tourist visa or a temporary visa? Would that be possible? I am sure this is the first of many queries I will have, so thanks in advance!
  17. I am 74 and my wife is 65. Both our children live in Australia, in Adelaide and Melbourne. We are hoping to go out on a subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa which on average takes about 18 months to process. I understand that the initial visa application charge is A$1735 covering both my wife and I, and that the final visa application charge is at present A$37965 each. We would prefer spending as much time as possible in Australia while we are waiting for our visa application to be processed, so how can we go about this legitimately. On our visits we were issued with the normal electronic holiday visa which lasts 3 months I believe, and our purpose of visit stated “holiday”. Can we extend that visa once we are out there or do we need the Tourist subclass 676 visa for 12 months which costs about A$100 each. Would we need to go offshore near the end of the visa if we wanted to apply for another holiday visa? Finally, our state pensions and private pensions are paid into our banks in UK. Do we wait until our Contributory Parent Visa has been approved before we open an Australian bank account
  18. Can any one tell approx , how long to wait, until i am informed, if i will get a visa. Every thing is in ,sons bond , police checks,medical, 3 weeks ago, Of my two year journey this is the worst bit. Nigel the waiting pom.
  19. I haven't been on here for a while, but i just wanted to let you how my parents are going with their Visa application as i have asked quite a few questions on here and you have all been so helpful. I am an only child and have I've lived here with my australian husband for over 7 years now and i went through an immigration agent in Perth to migrate. We have used the same agent as we were so thrilled with their commitment and communication for my parents migration. We submitted the Contributory Parent subclass 143 visa application in on the 10 November 2008. We did not hear anything back until May of this year (19 months) when i had to give the Assurance of support - $14000 to the commonwealth bank in a term deposit (6.25% interest which is pretty good!). I had to be earning at least $38,000 in the last financial year to be able to qualify as the assurer. The interest which accumulates in the term deposit will be put in an account i opened for my parents when they can over in 2008, they will receive $460 every 6 months in their account which is better than nothing! At the same time mum and dad also had to have their medicals done in the UK, got their police clearances done, and had to give an update of moneys and assets that they currently have. Bear in mind mum and dad are both 65 and both with various aliments and conditions but still passed the medicals with flying colours. It has been 2 weeks since Sydney received the medicals and the Assurance of support confirmation, our agent called me this morning to arrange for the 2nd payment to be made which is a total amount of $65,450 ($32,725 each). I have just emailed my payment through and will expect an answer within the next week or so. My agent is now arranging with the Australian embassy in London to issue the visa within the next month or so, so very exciting news and i will keep you updated. Khadine:biggrin::jiggy::yes:
  20. Hi, my husband and I moved to Adelaide on a permanent resident visa in September. We are loving it here, and my mum has also finally decided to join us. She is 60, in good health, recently widowed, and I am her only child. Now that she has made the decision to move here she is desperate to join us as soon as possible as she's beginning to feel very lonely and depressed since my dad's passing last year. We are looking at the Contributory Parent Visa, I am aware of the upcoming fee increase but I guess we missed the boat already. My questions: - I was previously told on this forum that we had to be in the country for approx 2 years before we could apply for her visa, assume this is still the case? Is 2 years exact or is there some sort of flex in that? - How long does it take to get the CPV once it's lodged? I am just asking so i can give my mum some kind of timeframe (from today) , to manage her expectations. - Is there a way we can bring her over sooner, on some sort of temporary visa and lodge the application for CPV whilst she is here? Would that prejudice her case? What have others in a similar situation done? I looked for relevant threads on the forum but couldn't spot one that answered these basic questions, if there is one I apologise for asking again, would be grateful if someone could point it out :cute: thanks in advance guys
  21. vava

    contributory parent visa

    Has anyone got any advice for us, we are in our 50`s and about to embark on the visa application process to join our daughter, son in law and new grandchild near Brisbane. Any pointers in the right direction and do`s and dont`s will be gratefully received.
  22. Guest

    Contributory Parent Visa

    Thanks everyone for your input in my last query, just scraping myself off the floor. I never appreciated how much a CPV would cost, far more than we could afford, which has left me totally deflated, there is no way that we can join our beautiful family in Oz. My husband is 64 this year and I am 59 this year, is there any other way we can emigrate. Never realised is would cost £47673 to join them, thought it was £30000 which was bad enough.
  23. Good afternoon to you, My son, his wife and children are currently awaiting their visa to emigrate to Perth. As he is our only child we are wanting to emigrate also. My husband is 63 and I am 58 years old, and we have been told after several enquiries that we would have to wait for about 10+ years before we can emigrate under parent visa. Hence the contributory Parent Visa. First of all how much will it cost us going on a Contributory Parent Visa and how long will we have to wait to apply once our son has got his visa. Secondly we would like to purchase a house when we eventually get to Australia, how long will we have to wait and will we be entitled to claim first time buyer assistance of $7k. Will we be able to get a small mortgage if necessary, we both have occupational pensions and state pension from July 2011. Many thanks
  24. Can anyone tell me if the $10,000 assurance of support for CPV is per parent or per application ie. $20,000 in total or $10,00 in total? Many thanks in advance!:wubclub:
  25. Hi There, My Mom want to apply the 173 congributory parent visa and stay with me in Australia. I wonder if I can be a sponsor, the followings are my situations: 1. I have got my Permanent Resident Visa for 2 years. 2. I am now a full time research student and do some causal jobs in University. I have a little more than 20,000 per year non-taxable scholarship as the main source of allowance. 3. I have only one sister so the familly balance requisite can be fulfill. Now I wonder can I be a qualified sponsor for my Parent? If so, my Mom can apply this UT 173 visa. If not, She will wait untill I graduate and find a job? Many thanks! Jack