Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'child'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Working Holiday Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 367 results

  1. Hi folks, first time on forum. i'm an Australian citizen through birth, and hoping to move out with wife and young child at some point next year. about to apply for spouse visa, but not sure about my young son. Do we apply for him as an additional person to this application. alternatively I was wondering if it is a better option to apply for his Australian citizenship and subsequent passport. Although have seen this can take up to 14 months?! Really don't know where to begin, so much conflicting info
  2. Guest

    Child visa

    Good morning everyone! so we have our perm 175 visa but we need to get a child visa for our little boy. We received an email update the other day with the prices from 1st September :arghh: so we thought we will go to oz with our little boy on a tourist visa and pay the extra to apply for his visa onshore. just called London to ask if this would be ok and they said we could get stopped at the border and questioned why we don't have a perm visa for the baby. has anyone else taken this route? She didn't say we would be refused entry just we may be asked the question. we will find it really hard to pay for his visa, flights and relocating in a matter of months from each other. having lived in oz for a yr previously we are confident we could go over get settled then apply for his visa before his tourist one expires. any advice would be great thanks
  3. I have a 8 month old little girl in hervey bay qld, I was a backpacker but overstayed my visa by a year because I met and fell in love with Australian girl, she fell pregnant and so we were scared I would miss the birth of our child if I handed myself in...2 months after child was born we had argument and her mom phoned up and told police I was illegal so long story short had to leave...ive tried to sort things with ex and she said she will help me but not through a partner visa...the contributary parent visa is sooo expensive for me at the moment and the other parent visas are years on waiting lists.. does anyone know of any help I can find because im missing my little girls baby moments and its killing me.....please
  4. Hi I am applying for a 101 visa for my youngest son. He was born after the rest of the family had obtained & validated our PR visas. So unfortunately we have to go through the complicated process of getting him is own PR. I was wondering if anyone else had doen this themselves recently? I have the 40CH and 47CH forms filled in. I am the sponsor as I was the main applicant on our original visas. My question is does my husband (also childs father) need to complete form 1229 to say he has parental responsibility? We are a straight forward family unit (1st marriage for both and 2 of our own childen) and are all emmigrating together. Both of out names are on the child's birth cerftificate. On reading the 40CH form it looks like my husband does need to fill out a 1229 form but when I downloaded the 1229 it says it is for parents with Parental responsibility who are not emmigrating to australia. Hope this make sense. My head is aching with it all & the more I read the forms the more confused I get. :arghh: Thanks in advance.
  5. Hi everyone! we are hoping to move out in a year or so (depending on court situation) i have two kids from previous relationship both under four. They see their dad on average every 25 days for a few hours over two days- he lives four hours away down south (chose to move away when we split when youngest was two months- two years ago) i am putting together a pack to go and see solicitor in next couple of weeks to seek leave to remove from jurisdiction. in my pack i was going to include: LOCATION EDUCATION HEALTHCARE ACCOMODATION SELF-SUPPORT INFO ABOUT MY NOW HUSBAND CHILDRENS RELATIONSHIP WITH STEP FATHER MAINTAINING RELATIONSHIPS IN UK CONTACT is there anything else i should include? these are just sub-headings obviously would go into detail about city, house, potential school, jobs etc. just want to add i'm an Oz citizen as are kids, and my parents and sister are also emigrating! we're all moving back!!! does anyone have any suggestions about what else i should include?! thank you!
  6. LonnieLou

    Child visa, anyone??

    I need health checks, which can only be done by doctors certified by the immigration unit or something, does anyone who's gone over on a permanent residency or child visa had a health check? How much did it set you back?
  7. Hello, I thank God I found this useful site. I really need your advice regarding on my case about child support. My husband resides in Australia and I (with my 2 Kids) reside here in the Philippines, our 2 kids below 18 years of age are currently receiving an on-going child support payments from their father for five years until now. My husband wants me to apply my 1 child (16 Y/o) to migrate to australia and he needs from me the Statutory Declaration or Letter Of Consent to permit my child for VISA application as one of the main requirements for child visa below 18 years of age. My question is, is there any grounds or reasons that my husband might use this document (Statutory Declaration / Written Consent made from the present of a Lawyer) to stop the on-going child support of my children or my child even if I still have the full custody/care of them? I am planning to give this consent or permission for the purpose of VISA application only. Once the VISA is approved, I don't want yet to migrate my child to his father since she is still young and below 18. My child is 16 years old and if her VISA will be approved I will only allow her to migrate when she will turn 18. (I tried to seek for legal advice here in our country but they said they do not cover the laws and child support procedures since the case is in different Jurisdiction/Country, I hope your experiences and knowledge about child support will help my case and justice for my children) Thank you in advance and I am hoping for your reply Please.
  8. Guest

    child benefits on visa 176

    Hi, we are moving to Perth in June on a 176. we are a family of 5 (3 kids aged 6,4,2) and have been doing some "homework" regarding child benefits, medicals exct. according to the documentation we have received, you qualify for child benefits after 2 years of residence. is there any way of receiving these benefits sooner? thanks Renette
  9. We are due to emigrate to Oz in a few months time. I currently pay child support for 2 of my children to my ex partner via UK CSA. We have input our details on the Au CSA website and found that the payments would be triple what I am currently paying for earning slightly less out in Oz. This doesn't make sense !!! Have any of you been through a similar problem/issue and what was the outcome ? Do you continue to pay through the uk based on their rules and calculations or go to the Oz calculation method once you are working out there ? Based on the Au method we would be unable to cover our living costs !! Hence we are extremely worried Any help , advice, guidance would be greatly appreciated !! :unsure:
  10. Hi everyone , Just need to hear from anyone who may have had a legal battle to take kid away from ex to Aus and won maybe a sucess story .We plan to move next year but my ex has refused permission but we are willing to go to court .I know everyone will have diff situation but he has gt access through court at w,ends only he never has paid a penny and have had to get police as he is violent bully. Thanks Everyone Donna:v_SPIN:
  11. What do people think of long day care centres compared to UK nurseries? I particularly concerned with the staffing levels. In the UK for under 2s the adult to child ratio is 1:3 and in Australia it is 1:5. Also I seem to be having real difficultly finding a place anytime in the next year! Thanks
  12. charlene

    Child Care Co-Ordinator

    I was wondering does anybody out there know about wages for Child Care Co-Ordinators in and around Brisbane and Gold Coast areas. I have looked on job sites but there doesn't seem to be much info about wages. The reason I ask is that OH and myself (little one included) are planning to go to Oz with me applying for a student visa. Was gonna do hairdressing but then found Child Care Co-Orindator two year course, which I would be much more interested in. Does anybody know of anyone who is doing this or has done this or who is actually a Child Care Co-Ordinator? Any info would be great:yes:
  13. LOOKING FOR SOCIAL WORK OPPORTUNITIES IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA - CONTACT REED TODAY. REED are a specialist Social Work recruitment agency. We are working in partnership to recruit UK Social Workers into sponsored positions in regional South Australia. Our client is offering high salaries and relocation for the right candidates. Great (and rare) opportunity to gain employment Downunder and to experience the Aussie lifestyle. If you have Child Protection experience, a Social Work qualification and are available to relocate within the next 6 months contact Rachel at REED today - rachel[dot]perkins[at]reedglobal[dot]com
  14. Hi All, REED's Australian Social Work division are currently recruiting for UK trained Child Protection Social Workers for a number of positions offering sponsorship and relocation throughout Australia. REED have been in business for 50 years in the UK and in Australia we are market leaders and preferred suppliers to a number of government and community organisations nationwide. Our Social Work division is staffed by Social Workers so we know the profession well and value our candidates. We are now requesting resumes from Social Workers with a minimum of 2 years child protection experience to be considered for these fantastic opportunities to work Down Under. If you are keen to make the move to OZ and can commit to 2 years at a minimum please PM me. We are currently shortlisting for positions across 3 states / territories in Australia and envisage interviews will be held over the coming month. If you are too old to obtain a Working Holiday Visa and have always dreamt about working abroad - now is your chance!:biggrin:
  15. If you have at least 2 years child protection experience and are a qualified Social Worker with dreams to work in Oz we would love to hear from you today. REED are currently recruiting for Melbourne / Victoria and the Northern Territory so if you are too old for a Working Holiday Visa and keen to take your career abroad don't hestiate as these opportunities will not last.
  16. Hi Guys Just thought I would pop this on incase it could be an option for anyone. Was looking on Gumtree and there is a company advertising for Child Care workers and that they are happy to sponsor people to get them to OZ. Here is the Link Child Care or Kinder Teacher in Melbourne. Sponsorship Visa - Teaching Jobs - Childcare Jobs - Gumtree Brisbane Free Classifieds As it says the job is in Melbourne. I hope this might be of use to someone out there Mandy :biggrin:
  17. I wonder if this will stop the other parent bringing their child to Australia? Millions of children from broken homes are to be granted new rights to a 'full and continuing relationship' with both their parents. The move is designed to ensure that the parent who leaves the family home – most commonly the father – cannot be cut out of their children's lives following an acrimonious separation. Ministers have decided that a change in the law is vital in the face of heartbreaking evidence that huge numbers of youngsters whose families split up lose contact with one parent for ever. Ministers decided a change in the law is vital to prevent youngsters whose families split up from losing contact with a parent Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg and Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke have been at odds over the proposals Courts will be put under a duty to ensure that unless their welfare is threatened by staying in touch with either their mother or father, children have an 'equal right to a proper relationship with both'. Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg have dismissed objections from Justice Secretary Kenneth Clarke and overturned the findings of a major review of family law which was published last year. On Monday, the Government will announce a ministerial working group that will draw up radical changes to the 1989 Children Act. The Act states that the child's needs come first in law courts, but campaigners for fathers' rights complain that judges repeatedly pander to the idea that mothers are 'more important' than fathers. Unmarried fathers say they are often at a particular disadvantage, having to apply for a 'parental responsibility order' through a court or have one granted through an agreement with the mother. 'The Act is going to be rewritten,' said a Government source. 'The welfare of children must of course remain paramount – but alongside that there will be an equal right for a child to have a proper relationship with both parents. Children's Minister Tim Loughton (right) said courts are 'rarely the best place' for resolving conflicts between parents about the care of children 'There should be no inbuilt legal bias towards the father or mother, and where there are no welfare issues, we want to see this principle reinforced through law. 'This is about children. We want to be clear that both parents should have a full and continuing role in their children's life after a separation.' Ministers will pledge £10million for mediation services to encourage more couples to settle their disputes out of court. Children's Minister Tim Loughton told the Mail: 'The courts are rarely the best place for resolving private disputes about the care of children. That's why we want to see greater use of mediation to solve parental disputes out of court. Betrayal of the family 'It is also right that we continue to encourage fathers to take responsibility as equal parents and to be fully involved with their children from the outset.' The decision overturns the main finding of a family justice review, conducted for the Ministry of Justice by businessman David Norgrove, which was published in November. It concluded that giving fathers shared or equal time, or even the right to maintain a meaningful relationship with their children, 'would do more harm than good'. The proposals immediately sparked a Cabinet revolt, led by Mr Duncan Smith and Mr Clegg, who insisted that the law must be amended to strengthen fathers' rights. Official figures show that one in five children from broken homes lose touch with their absent parent, usually their father, within three years and never see them again.
  18. A prisoner has been allowed to become a father using IVF by using the Human Rights act even though he is still locked up, it says that his demand to let his partner be artificially insemnated was approved by the justice secretary ......... Kenneth Clarke.
  19. Guest

    Processing times for child visa

    Hi Just wondering if anyone had made a child visa application (101) in the last year or so? I have seen a couple of references to it on here that it take a long time. But can't find anything recent. To be honest I only just found out that we needed this visa today. We are emmigrating next year. My 1st child was born before we received our subclass 136 visas so we just filled in a form & he was added. Thought it would be the similar for the little one but apparently not:arghh: I am totally:cry: at the cost too. Back in 2006 we paid about £1300 for our entire application (I know it's more like £4500 now) but to pay that amount again just to add a toddler seems crazy! I'm panicing now that we will have to delay everything for his visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  20. lhigman

    De Facto Visa Question!

    Hi there, is anyone able to help? We are currently in the process of completing a De Facto Partner Visa, I'm British and my partner is Australian. We have been together for over two years and we have a child who is 13 months old. Our child is registered as Australian already and we have his citizenship certificate. My question is split into two parts: 1) As we have a child and have been together for more than two years do we have to prove that our relationship is genuine and ongoing? 2) Does our child need to be included in the De Facto Visa application as he is already an Australian citizen? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks
  21. milliem


    Hi Folks Could do with some help / advice on this one :confused: We are applying for a 475 heading to the sunshine coast area. My son is 14 yrs with Aspergers; medium functioning, no meds, no behaviour issues. he has an SEN statement but his school has withdrawn 80% his additional support recently in agreement with me as they feel he has made sufficient progress to no longer need the same input. Academically his progress is less than his peers but he is nonetheless making some. Can anyone give me a short list of what info I need to take to the medical with me. I want to pre-empt as much as I can so as to avoid too much delay. lastly - does anyone think this will be the proverbial fly in the ointment of our visa? i am a secondary school teacher myself working as a learning manager in special education. will this be any help in swaying their verdict or not? :wacko: Thanks for your help :notworthy: Millie x
  22. pommysteve

    6 month child visitor visa?

    Hi guys, Me and partner have been granted and validated 175 visas. Our child was born after we validated our 175 visas . we were advised yesterday by CO that her child visa won't be processed before March. Problem is that we are emigrating in 4 weeks! Does anyone know if we can get a 6 month temp visa whilst waiting for the child visa to arrive? I know we can get a 3 month visa but this could be risky if the perm visa is issued later than March. I am told by CO that she will also be required to leave the country to enable them to grant her perm visa! She's only 1 bless so I think we might go with her!!
  23. My partner and I are already in pocession of permanent residency visas (Subclass B137), and while waiting for our adopted daughter to receive her Permanent Residency we are advised to get her a 6 month Tourist Visa to allow us all to go to Oz and her to go to school. Form 48R Tourist Visa Form does not seem to cater for childrens applications and has no relevant questions. Has anyone applied for a tourist visa on behalf of a minor? Pls Help. :mad:
  24. Hi everybody..... Just wondering whether any Child minders are going to Duncraig area next year??? Im worried that the waiting lists are too long for Nursery/Kindy etc and I wont be able to start work straight away?? Have 2 kids....1 who is 15 months and the other who is 3 1/2....... If anyone knows anyone id appreciate some contacts?? Cheers Nic
  25. Hello, Just wondering if anyone can advise me on the following situation. I am divorced and my children live predominantly with my ex wife. I pay full child support. My eldest child has just finished VCE year 12 and is over 18, so child support for him officially stops. Now he will be hopefully going on to tertiary education next year. Are there any legal issues around ongoing support for tertiary education. I plan to help him directly with various expenses such as HECS and maybe give him money directly to help with his expenses. I suppose I am wondering whether my ex can sue me for ongoing support of him and force me to pay money directly to her for his support. I am unclear on the law regarding this issue, but obviously I will continue to help support my son but would rather do it directly with him. Thanks for any advice.