Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'assistance'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Moving to Australia
    • Visa Chat
    • Skilled Visas
    • Family / Partner Visas
    • Temporary Visas
    • Business Skills Visas
    • Business Sponsored
    • Visitor Visas
    • Shipping and Removals
  • Life in Australia
    • Aussie Chat
    • Household
    • Renting & Real Estate
    • Money & Finance
    • Education
    • Health
    • Careers and Vacancies
    • Kids Down Under
    • Pets
    • Socialising Hobbies Clubs Sport
    • Travel
  • Australian States & Territories
    • ACT
    • New South Wales
    • Northern Territory
    • Queensland
    • South Australia
    • Tasmania
    • Victoria
    • Western Australia
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfer: Ask Moneycorp
    • Financial Advice: Ask Vista
    • Shipping Pets: Ask Pet Air
  • Moving to the UK
    • UK Chat
    • Education
    • Where to Live?
    • Money and Finance
  • PomsInOz Specific
    • Chewing the fat


  • Migration
  • Living in Australia
  • Jobs and Careers
  • Moving to Australia Real Life Stories
  • Money and Finance
  • Transport
  • Where to live in Australia?
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • New South Wales
    • Tasmania
    • Western Australia
    • South Australia
  • Backpacking
  • News
  • Forum Help


There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 32 results

  1. For anyone lucky enough to have their new employer kick in some financial assistance for relocation to Oz: - have you declared the amount on one of your tax returns (either Oz or UK) ? - if so, do you get slugged with FBT (fringe benefit tax) in Oz, or is it reported as BIK (benefits in kind) in UK? .....................or do you just forget about reporting it after your 9th cold stubbie.
  2. Guest

    job assistance

    Hi Adey, I've read in your posting that you are connected with an international engineering consultancy firm... I am a civil engineer from the Philippines who migrated to Bunbury WA end of June 2008. My profession was duly accredited by Engineers Australia and also a permanent visa holder... If you could help me please, refer me to your office or to some other offices you knew would need worker like me...Thank you in advance... regards, cresylgie
  3. Guest

    TRA Assistance - Roofer

    Hi I hope you don't think I am being cheeky (or lazy)..... My OH is having difficulties with his TRA process and wondered if anyone can help or offer any advice, it is taking ages to fill in and every time we sit down to go through it he just clams up and we get nowhere fast.... We have the form printed so many times for trial runs and I have made a chart / table to assist him with detailing the jobs he does but I don't think I am helping... Can anyone help ?? K x
  4. If anyone has a membership in the UK for roadside assistance main ones being AA/RAC, remember to bring your details over with you. You can join the Australian Roadside Clubs without having to pay their joining fees and also keep the number of years you have been a member in the UK, this can help you with cheaper membership fees and discounts over here. Also if you have proof of you No Claim Bonus from the UK bring this too, not all companies require proof, but I can't speak for them all and it should help in keeping your discount over here. I work for a large Insurer in NSW, so if you have any general questions I may be able to help you out, with Car/Home/CTP enquiries.
  5. Guest

    Rental Assistance??

    Think I have heard somewhere that you can get rental assistance ?? We are initially going to rent and any extra $$$ would be very handy!! Any info would be great. Cheers, Nat x
  6. Guest

    Form 47SK - Assistance

    Hi all What a fantasic webiste - I'm currently addicted. We're planning to head to OZ as soon as (fingers crossed) I'm granted a s136 visa. We thinks we have just had our TRA approved, but in the meantime I'm gathering info for the main application. My question is: One of the many questions on form 47SK (I think thats what its called) asks about previous visits to OZ and also respective visa numbers. I visited my sister in December 2005 in OZ and obtained an electronic ETA. How on earth do I try and find out what the visa number was? I have a new passport since then (not even sure if it was in that anyway). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks - PP
  7. Guest

    I need some assistance

    Hy all, I spoke to Visa Bureau this afternoon regarding my application, i will need to put together what they termed a " Work History Statement " Can anyone offer some pointers as to the layout i need to submit, or is willing to email me one they have submitted so i can use it as a template. Regards