Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'advice or recommendations'.
Found 4 results
So we are serious about moving over to Perth (for the second time-first time we had no kids and lasted 6 months as we discovered I fell pregnant and I wanted to go home!) That aside, we are serious about the move this time, our eldest is 5 in april and should be starting Primary in the UK in August. We need to make all decision on where to live based around a good primary school. Can anyone give us any advice or experiences with primary schools in Perth? We would like to be near the beach but don't want to be too far south (Rockingham is too far south) and again not too far North (no further than Wangara) Price of property isn't an issue so don't let that stop you mentioning places. Thanks in advance!
Guest posted a topic in Aussie ChatAlthough waiting for the house to sell, can anyone recommend movers/shippers and how much notice needed? Got to get the ball rolling and live in hope!!! Nicki :wubclub:
JessicaB posted a topic in Visa ChatHi there, My name's Jess - I'm new to forums so hoping I've posted correctly...... I am 26 years old and have been living in Oz for over a year on a working holiday visa (subclass 417 - now on the 2nd year after jumping through the specified regional work hoops). I moved over from the UK after meeting my Australian fiance on a holiday here; we are getting married on 15th June this year so very happy indeed. Problem is - when I started the application for a partner visa the government website said the processing time was up to 6 months for the visa. I have recently discovered that this time-frame has jumped up to an official waiting time of 13-15 months! I understand that I will be granted a bridging visa from the time that my current visa expires (April 14') to whenever I get the partner visa results. Trouble is that my partner and I are planning to go travelling for a year starting next February (8 months away). I am launching my Visa application between 15-30th June so that gives me 7 ish' months before we set off. The visa application will be launched in Australia so I must be in Australia to receive the visa results - causing big problems for our travel plans (We are doing voluntary work in spinal rehab centres and hospitals in Nepal, India and other countries in Central Asia before travelling overland to Europe and then on to Africa). Our plans for travel and volunteering are so big, expensive and set in concrete that my visa issues have really put a spanner in the works. I have been told that if I have to leave Oz before my visa is granted I can get a Bridging Visa B - allowing me to leave the country and return within a set time frame. I have read extensively about Visa conditions, waiting times etc but there are two questions that I can't get an answer for: 1) If I submit a complete, accurate and full application in person is there a chance that my visa will take less than the estimated average time considering that I am from a low risk country? (This is a question more for people with recent experiences and I understand that I can't rely on answers as fact) 2) If worst comes to worst and my visa hasn't been granted before we start our travels - How exactly does a Bridging Visa B work? If they can't tell me when my visa will be decided upon - how do I know when I have to be back in the country by? Do they send me notification that I have to go back to Oz within x amount of days to receive the verdict? Question 2 is the one I really could do with some advice on. If anyone has any experiences or advice it would be so welcome. Apologies for the long post and thanks in advance Jess
Guest posted a topic in Visa ChatHi all, myself (australian citizen) and my partner (UK citizen) are going through our paperwork (evidence etc) and about to apply for a 300 prospective marriage visa. We met in aus, lived there and in the UK and Ireland together for 1 total of 19 months. In december of 2009 my partner left australia as we could not get the visa we wanted (de-facto - as we hadnt quite made the 2 years. ...and so we decided for me to stay in aus and attend university, and for her to go home to england also for university. In April we decided this was a bad idea and we definately did want to be together, so 2 weeks ago i flew here (UK) -- however am quite worried that this 5 months of us being techically seperated will hinder our chances of the visa being granted. ~ might it be smarter to simply get married now while im in the UK and then apply for the onshore partner visa? Ideally not but I'd hate to lose the AUD$1705 application charge due to this technicality. We genuinely do love and want to be with eachother and time is of the essence as im sure many of you can apprciate. any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are now quite apprehensive! Thanks in advance, Damo