Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About IronPom

  • Rank
  1. Hey guys, I'm hoping you someone can help me out, i'm a 27 year old newly qualified plumber from the United Kingdom and have recently completed my Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing and Heating and also my NVQ level 2 in Plumbing and Heating (which i believe is the equivalent qualification to Certificate III in Plumbing (CPC32413)) - I have been plumbing for years but recently decided to get qualified. I have been exploring the option of a one year working visa (subclass 417) to Australia and staying with my uncle who lives in Queensland, and potentially working as a plumber/plumbers assistant during some of this time. I have however come into a bit of confusion with how the licencing works for people in my situation, I think i'm right in saying that i don't need to take part in the offshore technical skills record (OTSR) as i'm not looking to migrate to Australia - i'm only looking to stay for a year at this point, but am still confused with the process I would have to take so that i could work. I understand that i wouldn't be able to work unsupervised straight away but was wondering what i'd have to do to work under the supervision of someone. I do understand that i'd need a provisional license to work under the supervision of a fully licensed plumber, and I've got the application form for this, but am still confused with whether i'd need a skills assessment before hand or whether i can apply for the provisional license straight away. Any clarity in the process would be much appreciated. Thanks!