Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

1 Follower

About Lori

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Lori

    help with options

    Sorry,,, Long post.... I'm a 25 year old female from the UK currently working as a Veterinary Care Assistant, previously a zookeeper for 6 years. So, I've been looking at the process for moving to Australia for a while now. My sister is a citizen and my parents have applied for their contributory parent visa. I've been in contact with DUC who said that I could have got in as a zookeeper- I thought that was great and was super excited... until I realised that for the SA state requirements I had to have had 12 months experience in the last 3 years rather than 5 years(what the skills assessment requires) and in May of this year I'd officially been out of the job for 3 years. Ideally, I'd like to go out, do my vet nursing and then either get into zookeeping again or into wildlife/zoo vet nursing. Theres a vet nurse course I could do in Australia- but its online and it can't be completed in the UK because in the UK you can only register as a student vet nurse from authorised institutions and they're all UK based. What I'm wondering/hoping is: If I were to go to Australia on a WHV, could I study that course since its all online? I'm aware that I can't study online on a student visa and can't do it in the uk so, I don't know what other options I have to do that course??? Alternatively, if I could find an on campus course, im worried I wouldn't be accepted for a student visa as I would have no reason to go back home once finishing (sister, niece and parents all in Australia) do you think if I were to apply for a student visa before my parents got into Australia I would be granted the visa? and if not... does anyone have any other ways other than just going on a 3 year WHV and hoping I get lucky and meet someone like my sister did... I hope someone can help.. thanks in advance! <3
  2. Lori


    Also there was a specification in my parents visa about the balance of family thing and it said that basically it applied at the time of their application? At which time I was in Scotland and my only sibling was in Australia?..
  3. Lori


    Sorry, I meant 491! And my sister lives in the middle of nowhere so definitely regional. The balance of family thing was confusing us a bit; it seemed online that it meant you had to have half of your children permanently living in Australia? So we were assuming that since my visa would be a temp one, it wouldn’t matter if both of us lived in aus, as my sister is the only permanent child living over there
  4. Lori


    Hi all, this is my first post here so I hope I’ve posted in the correct area! Basically my parents and I are planning on moving to Australia. I’m planning on going basically as soon as I can, I’m currently in the process of getting a Skills Assessment for the 489visa and my parents have applied for the 143 parent visa. My question is, obviously we both have to be sponsored, my sister is a citizen in Australia and we were planning on her sponsoring us- can that be done? Can my sister sponsor me on my 489 visa and my mum and dad on their 143 visa(they’re also looking at the 870 visa in the mean time so same question applies to that) at the same time? thanks in advance!! lori.