Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About vegemight82

  • Rank
  1. vegemight82

    Partner Visa break up!

    Wow, thank you guys. This information has helped me a lot, I think I will go the citizenship route? Thanks again everyone, you are amazing.
  2. vegemight82

    Partner Visa break up!

    Thanks for the help guys. I’ve got a lot of thinking to do.
  3. vegemight82

    Partner Visa break up!

    Hi Gbye Yes was granted a Partner permanent in 2015 with the ‘must not arrive’ after 27 November 2020. It does say; please ensure you are aware that this visa will expire on the Stay Period date in the above table. Prior to this date, you must meet the residency condition in order to be eligible for a Resident Return Visa (RRV). If you intend on travelling outside of Australia after the respective Stay Period date in the above table, you should apply for a RRV before departing Australia. The five year RRV condition requires that you must have spent two of the last five years in Australia as a permanent resident or citizen. If you cannot meet the residency requirement during the validity of your visa, we recommend that you approach our office for a consultation to find out your respective options. Please do thisno later than three months prior to the expiry of the Stay Period date.
  4. vegemight82

    Partner Visa break up!

    Hi ali Ive been here 10 years now and in that relationship for 7 and was on a partner visa, I was just worried I had to inform/tell someone? There’s info online about Divorce/spousal abuse and children but couldn’t see much on pre-marriage. Thank you
  5. vegemight82

    Partner Visa break up!

    Hi guys. Long time lurker over many years, you guys have helped me out numerous times in the past. I just want to ask, I couldn’t see anywhere in search bar, what’s the best thing to do if a partner visa couple breaks up? Im originally from UK, she is Australian. We met in 2012, engaged in 2015 but have called it a day recently. I just wondered if there was a procedure I may need to do and how it effects me? Argh! Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.