Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About UKNational2019

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. UKNational2019

    UK National with Australian child (separated from Aussie Partner)

    Apologies that’s not what I meant. Previous migration agents had advised that there was some sort of Guardian option but I’m assuming this would be through the 143 parent visa option.
  2. UKNational2019

    UK National with Australian child (separated from Aussie Partner)

    I will definitely be engaging an Agent, I’m just going through a process of information/fact gathering at the moment to find some definitive information to get a plan in place. Thanks again
  3. UKNational2019

    UK National with Australian child (separated from Aussie Partner)

    The relationship is civil and I have a great relationship with her parents and have no doubts they would support me in anyway possible. However, as you said it’s an extremely expensive and lengthy process. Also, as far as I’m aware there is no bridging visa option available after completion of application. If the relationship with my ex was ever able to be repaired would we still have to prove being together for a year? Even though we have a 5 year old child. Appreciate your help and reply.
  4. UKNational2019

    UK National with Australian child (separated from Aussie Partner)

    Having my daughter over to stay with me isn’t the easiest thing to do logistically. It would involve me flying to Australia, picking my daughter up, flying to the U.K. for 2-3 weeks then flying back to Australia, dropping her off, then flying back to the U.K. I have just returned from visiting her but I’m sure you can appreciate how difficult and painful it is for both myself and daughter being separated and limited to 6 monthly/yearly visits and FaceTime calls. I’m also not suggesting I should just be given a visa because I have an Australian child but as a committed father I am obviously looking to explore every single option available for me to return.
  5. UKNational2019

    UK National with Australian child (separated from Aussie Partner)

    I had two free consultation meetings whilst in Perth. And was offered similar information by both companies. However neither company seemed to know much about the Guardian option. I appreciate I will need to seek paid advice at some point but I’m currently trying to gather information from various different sources to try and see what information is consistent and what the best path forward would be, before engaging an agent.
  6. Hi, As above I am a 30 year old male U.K. national currently back in the U.K. having left Australia in 2016 after my 457 business visa expired. Due to splitting up with my Australian partner at the time I wasn’t able to submit a de facto application to stay in the country. I am looking to find out what options I have to return to Australia to be with my Australian daughter (5 years old). I have been advised by immigration consultants in Australia that have said my daughter can’t act as a sponsor until she turns 18 years old. They also mentioned there would be a possibility of going to court/immigration to apply for some kind of Guardian rights visa but they didn’t seem to have much information on this. They said that possibly a Guardian of my child (Mother/Grandparents) could apply to act as a sponsor for me. Does anyone know what kind of visa this would be? Other than gaining another sponsorship, does anyone have any idea on the best route or any other options available for me to return to Australia to be with my Daughter? As a Father of an Australian child who needs her Father, surely there is some sort of option available to me? Thanks