Jump to content

James H

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

6 Neutral

About James H

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Can anybody shed any light on it for a skilled visa ? It would seem this has always been around but @Marisawright made an interesting point. A while ago it didn’t matter because the wait time was significantly less than it is today.
  2. For people like myself applying for the 190 or the 189, would there be work restrictions?
  3. Thanks for that, so I guess immigration decide on what type of bridging visa you get based on your circumstances.
  4. That clears that up then, do you know how it give you work rights?
  5. James H

    Bridging or temporary (and school fees!)

    you make the application when you are in the country on a tourist visa. You don't get a partner visa. Its just a bridging visa or so I'm lead to believe.
  6. James H

    Bridging or temporary (and school fees!)

    As a tourist on a tourist visa I am pretty sure you need to show a return or onwards ticket.
  7. Just for the record, I am not intending to rock up in Australia on a tourist visa with a tool kit. It was just a conversation that followed on from the same question every visa applicant has, "how long is this going to take?". I am just curious as to the legality of it and why more people have not followed this route. I stand corrected from another thread, after you have received the invite, you would have to be in Australia on a tourist visa to then lodge your application for PR (within the 60 days). That would automatically transfer you to a bridging visa which would not be activated till your tourist visa had ended. Raul, as a migration agent you will probably be the best person to clear things up for me and anybody else interested in this route. If you were to enter Australia and travel the country for 3 month while on a visitors visa. During that time you applied for your PR. After 3 month your visitor visa ended and your bridging visa became activated. You then proceeded to do more travelling and some months later settled in the state that sponsored you, found work and a house ...etc till your PR visa was granted. From your knowledge, what are the legalities of this? What are the risks?
  8. I am not clued up on the bridging visa so unsure of the position it puts you in when in the country. From what you are saying it pretty much allows you to be in the country with work rights and nothing else.
  9. James H

    Immigration Health Examination (Medicals)

    Good, here's me worrying about having hayfever !
  10. James H

    Bridging or temporary (and school fees!)

    Just make sure you have an onward flight booked at the end of your tourist visa. New Zealand / Bali ... somewhere cheap ! You have a similar query to mine, if you go on a tourist visa (3m) then apply for a bridging visa. The bridging visa gives you the same rights as your previous visa. In your case it would be a tourist visa or does the application of a spouse visa over ride this ?
  11. James H

    Immigration Health Examination (Medicals)

    Thanks ! Nothing too major then !
  12. James H

    Immigration Health Examination (Medicals)

    What was involved in the medical ?
  13. How would the state know you have family members living in other states? They would have to do some serious digging to find that information out. Digging is time, time is money ...
  14. James H

    SC190 Obligation Warning

    I was under the impression that state sponsorship is merely a moral obligation. There is no conditions on your visa saying you must live and work in the state that has nominated you. I think NT caught onto this pretty quickly, now you need a job offer before they will give you state sponsorship.