My name is Sarah and I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help/information regarding the 189 VISA. I would really appreciate it if anyone could answer any of the following questions I had. A little bit about myself...I am 37 years old living in Brighton, England and currently in the process of preparing an application for a 189 Skilled Independant VISA with my partner. I am a qualified Social Worker and believe we would have the required 65 points to gain entry. Many thanks in advance.
- From the date of Visa being granted, how long do we have to arrive in Australia and activate visa? Does the visa last for a lifetime? And could this be done on a holiday without work initially, ie to activate the visa? We have read conflicting information regarding timeframes.
- If my Visa was granted as a Social Worker, am I limited to JUST doing Social Work/Social Work in a certain role? Could I seek employment in other fields ie Family Support Worker, or even a complete career change? If anyone has experience of applying/gaining visa through Social Work I would really appreciate hearing about their experiences and any advice they could give.
- Can my partner work in any job? (He does not have a skill on the Skilled Independent Visa list).
- If we were successful in gaining Visa’s, but before we left England had started a family, how easy is it to add a child/children to visa?
- Do you advise going through a Visa Specialist Company to gain a visa, and if so is there one you would recommend?
Again thank you so much to you all for reading and any help you can give.