Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Samsamsam

  • Rank
  1. Indeed you're right! Another £516 for a returning resident visa after being out of the country for 2 years! They're like leeches!
  2. Re: express service: it was a long shot but worth a try! Re: British citizenship: toying with the idea... from my investigation to date (and considering the current Brexit climate), I've only found one benefit of becoming a citizen, which is avoiding tax issues upon the death of my husband or I. Now that the UK government has agreed to allow Australians border entry via the e-passport gate in the future, there's no draw card anymore for the passport for me! I haven't studied the whole ILR vs citizenship piece extensively however, so i'd be interested on hearing about any other key factors i've missed...
  3. Hi LottyC (and rest of forum!), Really useful discussion - thank you! There was a question raised which I *think* went unanswered, hoping someone might be able to cover it off: After your 309 application is approved, is there a certain time window by which you much enter the country in order to "activate" it. And if you don't meet this, the visa becomes invalid? We're just thinking of the scenario whereby where our plans to move to Aus get delayed due to other work/life commitments, and we can't actually make the move to Aus until many months (or even a year or two) after the visa is approved. I know coming to the UK on a visa, I had to enter within a 3 month period of approval... Cheers Sam
  4. Hi Guys, Is it possible to pay for an express service to accelerate your visa application? My British husband will be applying via to 309/100 partner visa route (already married for 6 years). I ask because when I applied for my UK Indefinite Leave to Remain as a spouse of a British citizen, you could pay an extra £660 to do a service which got it done in a week. I was really hoping to find something equivalent for Oz! So far not finding anything ... Cheers Sam