Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About sgensen

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi everyone, My parent will be doing a consultation with George Lombard consultancy regarding health requirements for the Contributory Parent visa. The consultancy will need to look at my parents’ medical histories, however, these are written in Dutch and Norwegian. It is up to us to get these translated to English. What is the most affordable way to do this? A verified translator has quoted roughly $50 per 100 words. We are obviously happy to pay for any service but are trying to find the most affordable options as the visa process is already very expensive. Any advice is appreciated, Thank you
  2. Hi, I'm looking at the Contributory Parent visa for my parents. My only concern is the health requirements and I would really like to speak to a professional in relation to that. Does anyone know of any migration agents that have experience with parent visas and health requirements? I would like to tell them the specific medical conditions of my parents to get their opinion. I have already sent an e-mail to George Lombard consultancy, who want to charge me $220 for a consultation. I also sent an e-mail to Maria Jockel but have not yet received a reply. I live in Melbourne if that is of any importance. Thanks, Suzanne
  3. Yes, was there anything specific you wanted to point out?
  4. Hi everyone. I’ve got some questions regarding being granted 801 straight away (skipping 820). I have been in a relationship with my Australian partner since 2013. From 2013 to 2015 my partner visited me in Norway and stayed with me and my family for either 6 or 9 months in total (have to double-check), during his university breaks. From 2015 to 2016 I was an exchange student in Australia and stayed with him and his family for roughly 11 months. Then in 2017, I moved to Australia to go to university and live with him and his family for 3 years (my entire bachelor's degree). So at the moment, I have lived in Australia with him for about 2 years in total, including my time as an exchange student. It is likely that we won’t apply for the visa until 2019, so by then I have lived in Australia with him for 3 years. We have lots of evidence on our relationship over the past 5 years (lacking some financial aspects as both our families let us live for free, but I think we can mostly get it covered), and I’m therefore wondering if it is likely that I could get granted 801 directly? However, our relationship started when I was 15 (in 2013), and I wonder if that will affect the way the case officer looks at our case? My next question is; what would happen if I were granted the 801 visa while I am still on my student visa? Would it not go into effect until the end of my student visa (2020)? Overview: *The total time I have stayed in Australia with him, including my exchange student period is 2 years - or 3 years if I apply in 2019 *The total time he has stayed with me in Norway is roughly 9 months *We have evidence of being in a committed relationship since 2013 but had a long distance relationship until 2017 Thank you.
  5. Hi. I’m looking at getting a Contributory Parent Visa for my parents. They meet the balance of family test because I’m an only child and I’m sure they would meet the character requirements as well - based on the fact that they have no criminal records. The only thing that concerns me is the health requirements. My mother has previously been diagnosed with depression/social anxiety (this is under control) and is on a disability pension because of that. Besides this, she is quite healthy (although she has a high blood pressure, I believe). My father, however, has Hepatitis C due to a blood transfusion and has previously had other health concerns (gallstone etc.), but nothing too major. He has been on a temporary disability pension the past few months due to an infection in his heel (I can't remember the name of the condition), but this condition should eventually go away by itself. It seems that he will go back to work shortly. I'm unable to find out how strict they are with the health requirements and am therefore afraid that their visas would get rejected on these grounds. Do they only need a 'basic' medical assessment (chest x-ray, HIV testing) with the Contributory visa, or will the case officer look into their medical histories extensively? I am aware that they calculate $40,000 for medical costs per 5 years, but I'm still feeling quite uncertain regarding my parents' conditions and hope someone could give me advice. Would a physical medical check-up, with a migration agent specialised in health, before applying for the visa be the safest thing to do (I read someone else did this)? I’m also wondering if people believe that the price of this visa will increase over the years? Thank you.
  6. sgensen


    Thanks so much for your quick reply. I see that the Aged Parent Visa is absolutely not the best option, but right now it's the only option there is for me to explore. I don't know so much about it at this point, so I might as well see how far we could get with it. There is a social security agreement between Australia and Norway regarding pensions (https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/international/international-social-security-agreements/current-international-social-security-agreements/australia-and-norway-frequently-asked-questions#12), so I believe they would at least have access to their pensions. There is also a reciprocal health agreement between Australia and Norway (https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/medicare/reciprocal-health-care-agreements/visitors-australia/medical-care-visitors-australia/visiting-from-norway), do you know if they would be entitled to this agreement while on a bridging visa? For me as an International Student, I am not.
  7. Hello, I am looking to get a more in-depth understanding of the Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) and the Partner visa 820/801 - which is how I ended up on this forum. The Partner visa will be for me and the Aged Parent Visa will be for my parents. Based on the background information that I have written below, I am hoping that people with previous experience are able to answer some questions that I have - as well as pointing out possible risks. PARTNER VISA My parents and I have lived in Norway since 2005. However, we are Dutch citizens and my parents are planning to move back to the Netherlands in 2019 (where we originally come from). In 2017, I moved to Melbourne to study (so I am currently on a Student visa) and to live with my Australian partner of 5 years. I wish to stay here permanently and therefore hope to apply for a Partner visa before my Student visa ends in 2020. I recently had a short consultation with a migration agent who suggested I apply for the Partner visa 820 now, that the Partner visa 801 should be granted by 2020? I was unaware that I could apply for a Partner visa whilst still being on a Student visa - are there any risks in relation to this? I certainly plan to complete my study. Should I go ahead and apply for the Partner visa 820? I am very new to the entire process and have only just started gathering some relationship evidence - any tips are highly welcome. AGED PARENT VISA 804 I am my parents' only child. In addition, my parents love Australia - so they would love to move here. I have looked at both the Contributory Parent Visa and the Aged Parent Visa, and have found the latter to be the better option purely due to the high expenses of the Contributory Parent Visa application. The Aged Parent via seems to be an OK option, as my parents can apply for it whilst they are on a tourist visa in Australia - which will give them a 30-year bridging visa. However, they have to meet the Australian pension age. My mother was born in 1963 and my father was born in 1961. This means my father will be the pension age of 67 in 2028 - perhaps a few years later if the pension age increases. As soon as my father is the required age, we hope to apply for the Aged Parent visa. I have got a few questions in relation to this visa that I hope to get some answers to: Question 1. Do both of my parents need to be the required pension age, or is just one of them enough (my father?) Question 2. Will they be able to claim their Dutch and Norwegian pensions in Australia? I have a had a quick look at a Social Security Agreement which exists between Australia, the Netherlands and Norway - and it seems that they can use their overseas pension in Australia. However, I am not certain and would like some inputs. Question 3. They meet the balance of family test (I am their only child) and I assume that they meet the character requirements as well - they do not have criminal records. My biggest concern is the health requirements. My mother has previously been diagnosed with depression (which is under control) and is on a disability pension. Besides that, she is quite healthy. My father, however, has Hepatitis C and has previously had other health issues (gallstone etc). He has been on a temporary disability pension the past few months due to an infection in his heel (I can’t remember the name of the condition), but this condition should eventually go away. I am unable to find out how strict they are with the health requirements and am therefore feeling very uncertain if my parents' conditions may lead to their visa being rejected. Do they only look at their health in the past 5 years? Does anyone have more information on the health requirements for the Aged Parent Visa (804)? Question 4. Is there a high chance that their bridging visa would only last e.g. 2 years, if my parents were found to not be suitable for the visa - e.g. due to them not meeting the health requirements? Sorry for the long post - I am trying to include as many details as possible to get accurate feedback. Please let me know what you think. Thank you!