Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About tina2018

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. tina2018

    189 processing times

    Sure! We applied with 75 points (category: general accountant) and it took around 6 weeks from submitting an EOI to getting an invitation. This would have been last summer, so I'm not sure if things have changed since then. Good luck!
  2. tina2018

    189 processing times

    Hi guys, just to update everyone, we had our visas granted on the 21st Feb!! So from initial application (September) to grant (February) it was 5 months. We're so excited, now the real planning can begin! Good luck everyone, hope you get your grants soon
  3. tina2018

    189 processing times

    Hi Andy, yes, that's the one! I think the button is called "information provided" or something along those lines. I managed to miss it the first time, so have unwittingly delayed the process by a couple of weeks. BFB - great news on the processing times, I will log in now and check. Fingers crossed for a visa grant by May for you and your family! If the general trend is 3 months, this gives me hope. I'll post as soon as I hear anything. Best regards, Tina
  4. Hi everyone! I'm looking to hear other people's experiences with the processing time for the 189 visa. I logged in recently and was gutted to see that it has increased from 5-8 months before Christmas, to 6-10 months now We have 75 points with my husband as the main applicant, who is an accountant. We submitted our EOI in the summer and quickly received an invitation to apply. We initially submitted our application in on the 5th September 2017 and later received an email asking us to upload our character forms and police checks. We submitted all of the required information on the 4th November 2017 (beware of the button you have to click once you've uploaded your docs, I missed it and only noticed when I logged back in later!) We have heard nothing since and the wait is agonising. We want to put our house on the market, but don't want to risk selling up without a concrete decision on our visas. Our medicals expire at the end of September and my husband has a 3 month notice period at work, so if we don't have a grant by June, it's game over for a 2018 move I have heard that sometimes grants are issued with an initial entry date that is only a few weeks away it would surely be impossible for most people to pack up and leave in that time, especially if you have property to sell... Do we take the risk and sell up without a grant??? We'd need to get the visas by June, how likely is that? Keen to hear from anyone else who is in the same boat! Tina x