Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Sasha09

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi all, my boyfriend is coming to visit me in Oz and we’re not sure which tourist visa he should apply for as he’s had a criminal conviction minor in his country. Is it just a normal ETA or another one the subclass 600? I assume they’d want a police check etc just hoping to apply for the right one so we are in the correct stream and it takes less longer to process. So so much thanks for any advice for someone who has been through this process, best
  2. Great, so has anyone had any experience with tourist visas for someone who had a criminal conviction. Which tourist visa should he apply for? I assume the ETA wouldn’t be the right one or maybe they just ask for more information. Or perhaps it’s the subclass 600 visa. Thank you for any help
  3. Hi all, thank you for your responses and contributions. My boyfriend is going to declare it on the customs form and in the application of a tourist visa. We just spoke this morning and he has also been doing some research sounds like if its not a serious crime that you will be fine. He had never done jail time as well, so he's pretty kosher. Honesty is the best policy. Thank you Sasha
  4. Hi there, My partner has a criminal conviction in the US of a misdemeanour crime (petty theft) he was sentenced to community service this was around 6 years ago. He wants to come visit me in Oz and in the future we are thinking to apply for a partner visa. What should he tick on the immigration form? if he ticks yes, should he have any documents with him- like a police check from home ora character reference from his boss? I just want to make sure we start off on the right foot so its smoother in the future if we apply for a partner visa. He doesn't want to declare it on his form, but after reading a few posts it seems being honest up front is the best idea, as always in life. Much thanks for any advice on this case, Cheers