Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Eloise

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. That makes the visa part easier if you only need stage 1! Did you find that out from your migration agent? I didn't find that clear anywhere. Yes the stage 2 part does sound like a lot of work, but people must do it and get through it. It sounds like being on placement as a student and doing all the paperwork needed for that! I'm still a student in my second year, but hope to move out there after I graduate. I will lose points on my lack of experience, so I'm not sure how that would affect me even though I have 60 points. I have lived in Sydney, Melbourne and Tasmania and have liked everywhere. I also liked northern New South Wales and Brisbane area, so that could also be a possibility. I haven't been to Perth, but Western Australia looks beautiful! Good luck with your journey!
  2. Hi Louise, Thanks for your comment. How do you arrange the 2nd part please? I'm wondering how to do the practice audit in Australia before the skilled independent visa has been issued. Do you need to be on a separate visa to complete this? Maybe the 457 sponsored visa? Also how are you finding setting up the 2nd part? Where are you looking for jobs? Thanks
  3. This sounds too good, what's the catch?! I'm currently on an occupational therapy course now, but I'm unsure If it's what I want to do as a job, but would love to live in Australia. Trying to decide on whether I want to keep going with it, to hopefully end up with an Australian permanent resident visa. I still have a year and a half left of the course (which I'm not enjoying) and then the visa process which includes being supervised as an occupational therapist. And I would work as an occupational therapist on graduating for experience, so I would of thought I have at least 2 years left of doing occupational therapy to get the visa. That's if the process runs smoothly...
  4. Thanks for the comment. I've had a look at the assessing body for occupational therapy and there are 2 parts to the assessment. The one I'm unsure of is the 2nd part- being supervised by another occupational therapist and then a report written about my performance. I don't understand how you can be assessed working as an occupational therapist in Australia without a visa. Perhaps I would need a different visa during this process, but this isn't clarified anywhere. Perhaps an occupational therapist who has been through this process could confirm this for me. Thanks
  5. Hi there! I've researched into the 189 visa for an occupational therapist, but I'm still confused on how I would be supervised and assessed for the visa without having a visa (desktop 2). I read that being assessed and applying for the visa are 2 separate things so I'm not sure on how this process works. Would I need a different visa completely while I'm being assessed? Also I presume the assessment needs to take place in Australia? Anyone who has been through this process please could you enlighten me as I'm struggling to find clarity on this. Many thanks, Eloise
  6. Hi there! I was wondering if after being assessed and granted a 189 visa would I have to work in my skilled profession? My skilled profession being occupational therapy. Or can I work in whatever I like after being granted the visa and that wouldn't affect me down the line? Many thanks, Eloise
  7. Hi there! I am currently in year 2 studying occupational therapy in the UK. I'm looking ahead at what visa I could apply for when I graduate in June 2018 and the 189 Skilled Independent visa could be an option. I know that I need a minimum of 60 points and there's one question I'm not sure what I would fall under, which would mean that I meet the points or not: Qualifications A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard. 15 points. Does this mean from another educational institution in Australia?
 An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.
 10 points When I graduate I will get awarded a BSc in Occupational therapy, therefore will have a Bachelor qualification from the UK of a recognised standard and also recognised by the relevant assessing authority in Australia. I would also be applying as a graduate with no experience apart from my placements, but meeting the minimum 60 points if the answer to the qualification question is the bachelor degree. Is being a graduate with no work experience likely to make the visa more difficult to get? Has anyone got any recent experience as a graduate occupational therapist or a similar experience? Many thanks, Eloise