Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About illuminates8

  • Rank
  1. illuminates8

    Visa after PhD

    I want to add that visa of my wife is linked to my student visa (Australian Dependent Student Visa). Does she have chance to submit to 189 or 190 visas (and to include me also even though I have 500 visa) after a year of her work as a soft engineer? She has a master and bachelor degrees in physics.
  2. illuminates8

    Visa after PhD

    Hello! I have a Student visa (subclass 500) as PhD student. I will be PhD student still three-four years. But what after? I think I may get Temporary Graduate Visa (sub-type 485) for four years. And I want to work in a university as PostDoc or lector. After that, there is 186, 189, 190 and Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visas. But if I will be work as PostDoc may I expect only on 186 from university (in MLTSSL isn't included any university professions)? So If I want to get 189, 190 or TSS, I will have to go on some MLTSSL professional for one year (for example IT) after PhD? I don't have work experience and I do a Phd in physics (My master and bachelor degrees are also in physics); I am 25 years old. PS My wife will arrive in Australia with me and will be working (her job presents in MLTSSL). Now her working visa is linked to my student visa. Maybe does she has more chance to submit to 189, 190 visas?