Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Lilyofthevalley17

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Lilyofthevalley17

    Need help with Bridging Visa after WHV

    Hi everyone. I am in my first year working holiday visa and it's due to run out on the 9th of February 2017. I don't currently have plans to apply for a second year but I do have an issue that requires me to stay longer than my visa will let me. My mum is planning on booking a flight to come see me in Australia, after my visa runs out, she would change her dates but due to work commitments and prices of flights this is the only option for her. I've heard that you can apply for a bridging visa hat allows you to stay 28days later than your visa end date. Would this reason be enough for that to be granted? If not what else would allow me to stay an extra 2 weeks? If I am able to apply for a bridging visa how do I do it and when should I do it? I don't want to leave it too late and then my mum have to come to Australia on her own. I obviously have no intention of staying in the country illegally that's why I'm trying to find how to do this lawfully. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!