Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Cynn

  • Rank
  1. Cynn

    Visa 190 ACT - Online Application

    Thanks VERYSTORMY! Hi munyaradzif, I lodged on 18 oct and got the invite on 23 nov, 70 pts Graphic Designer! Good luck!
  2. Hi all, I got my invite for Visa 190 ACT Nomination and I am currently completing the online application. Where they asked for Non-migrating family members, not travelling to Australia, non-citizen and not permanent residents, should I include my parents who live overseas? I did so, and now they're asking me to complete Form 80 for both my parents, I just want to make sure this is necessary as my parents are quite old and sending them the form to complete would be tedious. I have read somewhere else where it is not necessary to put your parents for the "non migrating family members" questions,, any ideas?? Thanks heaps, C
  3. Hi all, I'm looking to apply for the visa 190 end of this year. I'm currently getting my documents ready for the skill assessment. I work as a Graphic Designer however I have 1 year experience as being a freelance graphic designer. I have my Business Registration and my ABN as a sole trader. For the skill assessment if you're a sole trader they asked for a self-employment reference from your accountant or lawyer. I was wondering what to do since I don't have an accountant or a lawyer? I don't make a lot of money working as a freelancer and has no need for an accountant since I just work by myself. I have all my proof of work, client testimonials, invoices, etc. Any help/advice much appreciated! Thank you!
  4. @MaggieMay24 Thanks for the advice. I am currently working as a freelancer for an ACT employer but I'm not getting sufficient hours there for it to be part-time/full-time work. So I also have my own clients, who are not necessarily based in ACT. I know for the skills assessment they accept sole trader as proof of employment. But I'm just not sure if I'm eligible at all for the visa 190 if I'm not working full-time for an ACT employer!
  5. I'm currently on a graduate visa 485
  6. Hi guys, I've moved to Canberra to try and apply for a visa 190 as a Graphic Designer. I'm looking to apply in Feb 2018. The criteria for me to be eligible is: -Working full time for an ACT employer in your nominated occupation for at least six months immediately before applying for ACT nomination. Student visa holders (with visa condition 8104) working 20 hours per week are deemed to meet the full time criterion. Since I'm currently working as a sole trader/contractor (freelance graphic designer), I was wondering if this is still ok when applying for the visa or do I have to get a full-time job? Thanks!