Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

13 Neutral

About TooEasy

  • Rank
    Junior Member

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. A friend who's also a migration agent said last year that they were issuing invitations to marketing specialists with 85 points. If that helps.
  2. Thank you, Raul. Well informed and lucid as always. It's a complicated world but, with guidance like yours, it helps navigate that world immeasurably.
  3. Update: We had our bridging visa A approved. That will kick in once my visitor visa expires on May 27. I cannot work until then, but Home Affairs have confirmed there are no work restrictions once my BVA kicks in. So, that confirms that it is not necessarily true that one inherits the same conditions from the previous visa. A tip for anyone reading this in my position: time your visas right. If I had applied for my tourist visa 2.5 months before I arrived I'd only have to wait a few weeks before being able to work. Lesson learned!
  4. Thank you for taking the time to offer your advice. I called Home Affairs yesterday and they said that my wife, coming from a 500 student visa to a 485, will potentially get her work conditions removed.She made it sound like that was fairly standard procedure. She then said that there's a decent chance that I, as her spouse, will get a visa with the same full rights to work. She seemed quite positive that we might be able to work but said there's no guarantee. From what you're saying, they will not be using any discretion to make a decision—only looking at the previous visa of each individual and transferring those condition/rights. Have you ever heard of students getting bridging visas with work rights? And the spouse being put on the same rights as their partner? Also, do you have any idea if having a small inheritance kept in a savings account will make me ineligible for claiming financial hardship, or they won't count that?
  5. Hey all My wife and I just landed in Australia and will now submit the joint application for the 485 post-study work stream visa. She is currently on a 500 student visa and I am on an eVisitor (subclass 651). As we understand, my wife (the primary applicant) will retain the same rights as she currently has throughout the duration of the bridging visa. As her spouse and the secondary applicant, can anyone confirm what work rights I would have while the bridging visa is in effect? Am I also right in thinking that the bridging visa will not take effect until her previous student visa expires? Thank you TooEasy
  6. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was issued with a military service number. I did receive pay and therefore had a JPA account. I don't recall having a MOD90 though I do know what that is. I'm hearing mixed feedback on this and still not 100% sure.
  7. Hi ladies and germs, I'm applying for a spouse visa off the back of my wife's 485 post-study visa and it says that a military service record is required. My question is, would this be required if I was in the University Officer Training Corps as an Officer Cadet for three years in the UK? I have never been on active duty but did take the Oath of Allegiance and possibly had to sign some military acts or declarations of some sort (though I cannot remember as it was some time ago). Anyone had any experience of this? Thank you TooEasy
  8. Yep, it may be. I was just providing extra context for those who asked. I have sent him a message. Thank you
  9. We have almost never spent a single day apart over the past year, except for when I had to leave Australia. However, she left at the same time and we both returned home to visit family. During the two-month period before we saw each other again we were in contact almost every single day, including making plans for when we would see each other again. In regards to the 'overstaying' thing, I lost my job after six months of sponsorship. I have written evidence that the migration agent representing the company I left (WPP) told me, in no uncertain terms, that I could remain in the country after 60 days and seek a fresh sponsorship. So, I continued the job hunt for several months after before realising that it was not possible for a new company to employ me before I had left the country and cancelled my visa. My visa remained valid until I had left and personally cancelled it. God knows what implications that will have on future applications, but I was asked to present my case to the team who deal specifically with 457 visas and I did just that. Never received a response, even to this day. I realise my mistake in referring to 457s as if they exist—I know very well that they were scrapped! I just forgot to use the correct name for the new visas.
  10. Correct. Just to be clear, we were living together in Sydney for 6 months, travelled together around Europe for 3 months, and are currently living together, albeit at my parents. There were two months in between that where we went to our respective homes to visit family. I did stay beyond the 60-day limit required to transfer sponsorship, though my visa was never cancelled. I was the one who cancelled it. Though I respect that this may still appear as a black mark against my name. In my defence, I called immigration immediately and they told me to email my case to the 457 team. I did that and never heard a reply. I also informed them immediately of my change in working conditions.
  11. Oops. Yeah... I'm actually fully aware of that. I obviously wasn't thinking when I submitted my OP! So far, we have co-habited for 10 months. Just to be clear, we're also currently living together in the UK. On the home affairs website it says of a de-facto relationship: Are you aware of certain visas requiring 12 months only? Or did you say 12 months to be safe?
  12. Thanks for your reply, wrussell. Just to be clear, you're replying to her questions (second bunch)?
  13. Hello all. My girlfriend of one year and I are facing some huge life (and financial) decisions and we wanted to reach out to you guys and girls in the hopes that you could help us understand our options more clearly before we pay a small fortune for the help of a professional agency and the visa itself. Essentially, we want to move back to Sydney together to live and work. The aim would be to acquire PR so that we can have a life that is not constantly dictated by the stress of year-on-year visa problems. About Me I'm a 32 year old Englishman who is currently residing in the UK. I previously lived in Sydney for two years, during which I secured sponsorship on a 457. That didn't work out and I eventually left Australia due to being unable to find a new sponsor within the 60 day time limit. My visa history includes: one e-visitor visa, first year working holiday (I was too old for the second year), and a 457 temporary work skilled visa. I was sponsored previously as a 'marketing specialist' and would like to remain in this field, regardless of whether I'm on a skilled visa or not. Since 'advertising' and 'marketing specialists' have been moved to the short-term skilled occupations list, it seems returning to Sydney is a bit harder for me as an individual. While in Sydney, during 2017, I was preparing to apply for a skills assessment in order to take the direct entry stream to secure PR. I have a highly relevant bachelors degree and plenty of years worth of highly relevant work experience. However, for reasons I can't recall, everyone was panicking about getting their application in before the deadline and I missed it. I soon after left Australia. My questions: Now my profession has been moved to short-term SOL, what are the options I have for skilled migration that leads to PR? Does short-term mean definitively short-term? If I was to secure sponsorship under a new 457 sponsorship visa, could I then apply for PR through any other stream (given that I have the experience and qualifications)? If I was to try and secure sponsorship, could I arrive on an e-visitor and transition into a 457 from there, or would I need to leave the country to apply and wait for approval before returning to work? Would there be an advantage of relocating to somewhere other than Sydney/NSW? Are there any other routes for me as an individual that I appear to be unaware of? About Her She is a 23 year old Ecuadorian who resides in Sydney and has been studying there for almost five years. She was initially on a Higher Education Sector visa (subclass 573) and then, on 12 April, 2018, in order to extend her studies an extra year, she transitioned to a Student visa (subclass 500). She will receive her final grades and letter of completion before the end of December, this year. Her degree is International Relations and Politics and she has no professional experience in this field (beyond a few small projects). This means that the 189 After looking at the skilled occupations list, the only possible profession that she feels fits her degree and that she'd like to pursue is 'Management consultant'. From her research, she identified two visas that could provide a route forward. The first is the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189), however, she later learned that this required at least one year of relevant professional experience which she does not have. The second option is the Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485). According to this visa, there are two streams. The 'Post-Study Work stream' would grant her two years (she is bachelors level only) and doesn't seem to require that she pursue a profession on the SOL. The 'Graduate Work stream' would offer 18 months and require her to pursue work as a 'Management consultant'. Has she understood this correctly? Just to complicate things further, she would look to add me as a 'de-facto partner' on any visa she applies for, but maybe that's for another thread! Her questions: 'Management consultant' seems like it could be popular as a default option for those who do not have more specialised skills but want to stay in Australia. If this is the case, does that mean approval will be stricter or take longer? What happens while the 'expression of interest', or the visa itself, is being processed? Will she/we be able to be in Australia—e.g. on a bridging visa—or be able to earn money? If she gets approved for the temporary graduate visa 485 and remains in Australia for two more years, is there a route to PR from there? If she managed to gain a year of employment as an entry level 'Management consultant' could she then apply for the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)? If you read this far, thank you so, so much. We have faced extremely difficult challenges even to make our relationship last one year. We are just sick of the stress and uncertainty that comes from us both needing visas, but want to give Australia one last shot as we both know beyond doubt we'd be happy there. Even if you can answer just one question it will help us immensely. If anyone knows of a registered migration agent that could pick up our case, in the event that we decide to commit, that'd also be hugely appreciated. Yours, TooEasy
  14. We do live together, but she is from South America. Though she is graduating in December so I could look into whether I could go on her graduate visa.
  15. @The Pom Queen I notified immigration as soon as I left my previous job. I then called them and they told me I could email them to present my case for an extention (due to the 60 days falling over Christmas, New Year, and January, when nobody is hiring), which I did in November. I never got a response. I have checked my visa entitlement using the VEVO app recently and it's still valid. I have not left the country since leaving my previous employer. I recently called immigration and they simply advised me to leave the country as soon as possible. That was it.