Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About chitte

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Birthday 19/05/1980
  1. chitte

    Spouse - TAFE 1 year course

    Dear Quoll, Thanks! Should I assume a cost of 4000 AUD /month for 2 people or should it be 5000 AUD? 1) I understand students have following options once the course is over. 1.1) Leave Australia or 1.2) Get a job - may be a special visa available(while I am not sure whether a diploma in beauty therapy will help get a job ) or 1.3) enroll in further studies 2) let me reframe the question I asked earlier If my wife is a student in a 1 year course , she gets to work 20 Hrs/Week. Que 1 : Do I get the VISA to be in AUS with her ? Que 2 : how many hours/week am I allowed to work ? by the way apologies for my ignorance , but what does IIRC mean? Regards, Vishal
  2. chitte

    Spouse - TAFE 1 year course

    Dear Blossom, thanks for your reply, appreciate it. I am a brand management professional applying for PR (subclass 190 -state sponsorship: yet to get the Vetassess assessment done).I have assumed that it may take a period of 1 to 1.5 years if I were to be successful in getting the PR at all. Meanwhile the plan is to get my wife to study a TAFE course (1 year diploma in beauty therapy at Victoria university at melbourne) : the assumed implications are as mentioned below. (Seek you opinion/guidance on the same.) 1) Wife gets 1 year student visa (Jul-2014 intake - yet to contact university for admissions) and gets to work 20 Hrs / week. 2) I get 1 year Visa along with her and can work full time . [the objective is to recover cost of education 14,000 AUD spent on course and 30000 AUD spent on stay/food expense for a year] 3) If my PR application isn't successful, then We can file PR application with my wife as the primary applicant (Assuming that her 1 year diploma in beauty therapy course helps in getting the PR) Please do let me know your point of view on the above mentioned points. 1) Also is my following assumption right ? - stay/food expense of AUD 30000 for me and my wife's stay at melbourne for a year. I feel we will need 2500 AUD/month to survive in melbourne. 2) We have assumed that 'diploma in beauty therapy ' being a TAFE course and skill being in demand will increase chances of PR at later date if my wife were to file the PR application. Please do let me know your point of view on the same. Best Regards, Vishal Chitte
  3. chitte

    Spouse - TAFE 1 year course

    Dear all, My wife plans to study 1 year diploma in beauty therapy(TAFE Course) at Victoria university. Can you help answer following queries that I have. 1) Can I also get VISA and work there full time? 2) if the course duration is 1 year will the student Visa be exactly 1 year. Regards, Vishal