Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Neutral

About louk2002

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  1. Thanks for your fast reply's guys, all the advice is really helpful Just to add, I had been in the country for 5 months on a tourist visa when my girlfriend was offered sponsorship so I spent the rest of the time on a bridging visa, yes I see your point Rupert, that my stay in Australia of 12 months already would ordinarily been plenty of time to take a holiday but my ex had been working full time and therefore I have not been able to see any of Australia or travel around which it what I intend to do on my return to Australia after visiting NZ now that I am single. I understand that immigration may see me as a threat and my intentions to come back after all this time in Australia may be questioned but Im genuinely going to travel oz if I do get granted a visa. Ive been looking in to evisitor subclass 651 and a visitor subclass 600, Im aware of the differences of these two visas but which do you think would work best for me? Thanks again for your comments
  2. Hi, I'm new to this site and am posting in the hope that someone could shed some light on what I have been trying to find out! Ive searched the immi au website and the web and cant find any answers, no surprise really as my situation is not the 'regular' run of the mill situation. So here goes; Ive been in Australia for the past 12 months i was granted an e676 visa (6 month holiday visa) My, then, partner also from the UK got sponsored through her work, she had a working holiday visa I didnt as Im 37 and could only get a tourist visa, I was not working and she was supporting me financially, anyway i was included in the application as a de facto partner, so we were put on a bridging visa whilst the immi were deciding processing the application, but before the visa was granted my girlfriend and I split up and she has since withdrawn me from the application, so I am now having to depart out of the country within 28 days so ive booked a flight to NZ. I intend to travel NZ then come back to Australia to do some sight seeing around oz as I didn't get to the first time as I thought my girlfriend and I would be granted the visa and settling down ect bla bla .... The question is: Will i be able to re enter Australia for another 3 months after having spent the past 12 here on, firstly a tourist visa and then on a bridging visa? If I can re enter for 3 months after having been in NZ for a while how long will I actually have to be in NZ for before i can come back in to Australia to travel around? If anyone has experienced a similar situation it would be great to hear your advise, Thanks in advance Any advise appreciated, thanks for reading